Which car is best?
Hackercraft792
Posted 4/25/2012 10:03 AM (#64468)
Subject: Which car is best?

I am the proud owner of two BMW's a 2003 K1200LT and a 2003 R 1200 CLS. It has been my intent to get a Hannigan LT for the LT but they have not re-done the mold since their fire, so I recently purchased the R ( I always wanted one anyway) with the intent of hanging a car on it for my bad weather riding and advancing age and keep the LT fairly stock for carving the curves.
MY question is which car would be the best fit for the R? I fully expect to get different opinions and hope the discussion will point me in the right direction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jaydmc
Posted 4/25/2012 11:03 AM (#64473 - in reply to #64468)
Subject: Re: Which car is best?

Which is best really depends on your needs. Some sidecars are easy to get in and out of, others not so much. Some sidecars have a trunk that opens from the out side others no. Are you looking for a modern looking sidecar or a classic? What options do you want / need?
We have sidecars and steering modifications for both of your BMW's. I have owned a K1200LT as our demo bike for several years and have many sidecars for it. We have not had a CLC into the shop to develop the bike specific mounts for it, We have for the R1200C. We did just design a new from billet ball joint mount for the CLC to lower the steering effort with a sidecar. For your CLC we would need to have the bike in our shop to make the mounts. Our M72 type sidecars would work very well on this bike. On the K bike our Kenna is our least expensvie. The Champion sidecars work well or my first choice would be an EZS sidecar. EZS sidecars can be ordered with new front ends for the bike that run automotive wheels and tires as well as a new rear wheel for the bike with an automotive wheel and tire. Here is a link to our site with photo's of 30 or so of the sidecars we offer http://www.dmcsidecars.com/sidecars/
If you give me a call we can go over just what your needs are and I can make recomendations.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com
DRONE
Posted 4/25/2012 5:14 PM (#64479 - in reply to #64468)

I personally am not familiar with the CLS model. Does it have that big fork-mounted fairing and windshield like the CLC? Could you post some pics?
Hackercraft792
Posted 4/25/2012 8:31 PM (#64481 - in reply to #64468)

My mistake CLC
DRONE
Posted 4/26/2012 12:20 PM (#64484 - in reply to #64481)

Here's a CLC with a Hannigan--

Hackercraft792
Posted 4/28/2012 9:56 AM (#64499 - in reply to #64468)
Subject: RE: Which car is best?

Any idea which model that is? hannigan had a fire and I'm not sure which ones are available. That one looks great for sure. Thanks
Hackercraft792
Posted 4/28/2012 1:10 PM (#64501 - in reply to #64468)

I just spoke to a fellow who has a Hannigan 2+2 for sale on this site and am curious if anyone has an opinion on this car?
Lloyd
Posted 4/28/2012 9:36 PM (#64505 - in reply to #64501)

I have a 99 Hannigan 2+2, and am very happy with it. It is big and wide, and heavy, about 300 pounds, which works well with my Goldwing, but it is too wide to fit in a normal trailer, I borrowed a 7ft. wide inclosed trailer, when I went to buy it, and had to remove the sidecar to get it in the trailer. I bought the rig used, and called Hannigan 2-3 times with questions, mostly about the sidecar brake, that dosn't seem to do much. Hannigan has always been very good about taking the time for questions from somebody that isn't even their customer. I also ordered a sidecar cover from them, they sent it right out, and I am happy with it. Their quality seems to be very good, and service is great. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Edited by Lloyd 4/28/2012 9:39 PM
deadhawg
Posted 6/27/2012 8:17 PM (#65468 - in reply to #64499)

Hackercraft792 - 4/28/2012 9:56 AM

Any idea which model that is? hannigan had a fire and I'm not sure which ones are available. That one looks great for sure. Thanks

That looks like an older Hannigan Classic. My wife has the newer version of the classic on her electraglide, looks pretty much the same except the newer ones have a different design for the headlight.
Bobmws
Posted 7/3/2012 9:27 AM (#65559 - in reply to #64468)

There are pics of CLC with a current Hannigan Classic for sale in the classifieds. Looks like a good match. http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10377&post...