Rain Cover Struts
Posted 10/19/2004 6:16 PM (#5074)
Subject: Rain Cover Struts

I am now the proud owner (I Think) of a 81 562. Its in pretty good shape. The rain cover looks brand new, BUT it only has the fold out bow supports that snap into the inside of the rain cover.. Where do the end of the bow supports go, where does it attach to the sidecar? AND where can I find the parts needed (looked on the Veoorexusa.com site, no help)?


Jim Slaughter
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 10/19/2004 11:28 PM (#5079 - in reply to #5074)
Subject: RE: Rain Cover Struts


Posts: 4833
Location: Boise, Idaho
The convertible top has two rods that go into the 2 plastic grommets on the forward sides of the cockpit opening. The other ends of the rods slip into the fold out bows that attach to the top.
The vinyl top itself is listed in the parts book without the support bows, the top support mechanism is only available if ordered with a new vinyl top.
The roof bracket had a price of $99.96 if available.

I'll sell you a brand new Vinyl top complete with the support mechanism for $110.00 plus S&H.

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
Top of the page Bottom of the page