Terraplane Windscreen Attachment Scheme
desertrefugee
Posted 10/13/2016 2:12 PM (#91095)
Subject: Terraplane Windscreen Attachment Scheme

Well, new guy and the first of (hopefully) not too many questions.

I have a windscreen on the way to replace the badly cracked one on the Terraplane. It is attached with numerous screws running around the base - in addition to what looks like a factory leading edge bracket. But, I see many Terraplane screens with what looks like "clips" on each side. I believe this is the factory setup. I can tell you that the fewer holes I need to drill, the more comfortable I'll be. Each hole represents another opportunity to spoil a brand new windscreen.

Could anyone please point me to a resource that describes the attachment method used on the factory Terraplane?

Thanks!

Darrell

(IMG_4306 - Cropped.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_4306 - Cropped.JPG (72KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
turbodog
Posted 10/16/2016 9:00 AM (#91113 - in reply to #91095)
Subject: Re: Terraplane Windscreen Attachment Scheme

The factory attachment is via 3 screws across the front and 2 clips on each side. The clips are custom Vetter parts (Vetter stamped into the outer surface... upside down when mounted on the car.... oops!). Craig's site has some clips available, which were used for Windjammer windshields. I can't tell if it is the same part, but it might work:
http://craigvetter.com/pages/Online_Store/Replacement_Parts/Details...
(scroll down)
desertrefugee
Posted 10/17/2016 8:43 PM (#91134 - in reply to #91095)
Subject: Re: Terraplane Windscreen Attachment Scheme

Thanks TD. Ordered some hardware. Still waiting for the screen. I have work to do before installing it anyway...