Adding a passenger rear view mirror to Side Car
Dr. Raoul Duke
Posted 3/3/2004 10:45 PM (#2505)
Subject: Adding a passenger rear view mirror to Side Car

Regular

My wife says she would love to have a rear view mirror on the sidecar rig. Being the SECOND BEST WRENCH IN THE WORLD (everybody else on the planet is tied for first) I thought I might throw this out there to those who have already done some trial and error. Don't laugh at my first question (BTW the sidecar is a Ural) should I hang it on the left side or the right? I'm guessing the right. Has anybody else done this with a Ural? If so, how, and what type of mirror did you use. Appreciate any wisdom any of you would care to share.

A hopeless wrench North of Chicago (but I am HELL with duct tape)

TIA,
Dr. Raoul Duke
AKA The Circus Bear
AKA Jim Kelleher
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SidecarMike
Posted 3/3/2004 11:29 PM (#2510 - in reply to #2505)
Subject: RE: Adding a passenger rear view mirror to Side Car

Expert

I suppose you could mount one on each side . Most people just have one on the right. I would think an MGB or Spitfire mirror would work. Look for something with a flat base and screw mounts. Use the gasket as a pattern and drill two holes. Otherwise, J.C. Whitney sells a door edge clamp-on mirror that might work on the top edge of the windshield. Does Whitney still have a showroom down there? Maybe you could stop in and compare. Better yet, get her one of those spotlights with the mirror on the back. Then she can use the mirror by day and shine deer at night.
Top of the page Bottom of the page