The Constitution/ByLaws -No Revisions
Joyce
Posted 3/14/2004 8:19 AM (#2669)
Subject: The Constitution/ByLaws -No Revisions

Expert

Here is a copy of the Current By-Laws and Constitution as it exists today. All potential revsisions have been removed except for the states in each Region. I'll also attach a Word file in case anyone wants to download the document.

Joyce

Please review these documents. Under the current bylaws, the membership has thirty (30) days to respond to the Secretary, Al Roach, at 130 S. Michigan Ave., Villa Park, IL 60181. If less than one-third of the membership disapproves of the changes, these documents will become effective with the new year.

Article I – DUTIES OF THE BOARD

Members of the Board, as defined in Article III of the Bylaws assume applicable duties as spelled out by Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised. Additional duties to the positions appear below.

A PRESIDENT
Votes as a member of the Board only to break a tie vote,

B VICE PRESIDENT
No additional duties defined at this time.

C SECRETARY
Maintains a current membership roster, informing members of renewal dates and processing all applications and renewals. Any monies collected by the Secretary on behalf of the USCA, will be forwarded to the Treasurer in a timely manner.

D TREASURER
Collect all monies due the association and handles all disbursements on behalf of the Association.
Submits a yearly Financial Statement to the Board at least once a year and prior to a Board Meeting, or more often, as required. .

E REGIONAL DIRECTORS
A Regional Director is a member of the USCA who, represents the membership and maintains contact with local sidecar clubs or associations within the Director’s region, recruits State Representatives, coordinates meets and rallies within their region, promotes SSP, obtains access to trade shows and recommends sites and clubs to host USCA National Rallies.

1 – The five regions of the USCA may be grouped as follows:

NORTHEAST: The states of Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, The Canadian provinces of Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Quebec.

SOUTHEAST: The states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee,

MIDWEST: The states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, West Virginia, Wisconsin . The Canadian province of Ontario.

CENTRAL: The states of Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming. The Canadian provinces of Manitoba, the Northwest Territories and Saskatchewan.

WESTERN: The states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Utah. The Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and the Yukon Territory.

2 – Additional countries or continents may be added to a Director’s region upon approval of the Board.

F DIRECTOR OF SIDECAR SAFETY PROGRAM
Coordinates the activities of the Sidecar Safety Program.

ARTICLE II – ASSOCIATION ADMINISTRATION

The USCA may appoint members to the Association Administration to perform necessary functions of the USCA, who do not vote as members of the Board and are not required to attend Board Meetings. Their descriptions and duties are as follows:

A EDITOR
Produces the Sidecarist, the official news journal of the United Sidecar Association, Inc.

B ADVERTISING MANAGER
Manages the advertising accounts of the USCA, Forwards any monies collected on behalf of the USCA to the Treasurer in a timely manner. Forwards copies of all advertising contracts to the Treasurer

C BOOKSTORE MANAGER
Maintains inventory of and sells USCA materials.
Forwards any monies collected on behalf of the USCA to the Treasurer in a timely manner,

D NATIONAL RALLY CHAIR
Supervises the National Rally for the current year.
Submits a monthly financial report to the Treasurer

Edited by Joyce 3/14/2004 8:23 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bylaws Existing.doc (55KB - 387 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 4/18/2005 4:50 AM (#7349 - in reply to #2669)
Subject: RE: The Constitution/ByLaws -No Revisions

Expert

I posted this copy of the document about a year ago. I'll jump it to the top for anyone interested
tfhansen
Posted 4/19/2005 9:50 AM (#7363 - in reply to #2669)

Extreme Veteran

Joyce, I have two questions:

please clarify for me.....

"All potential revisions have been removed except for the states in each Region."

I am having trouble following that statement. Maybe you need to draw me a picture? : )

1. Does that statement mean that the placement of NM in the Central region is a revision to the constitution as it exists today?

2. What is the date of adoption of the "Constitution as it exists today"?

Thanks,

Tom
Joyce
Posted 4/19/2005 10:26 AM (#7364 - in reply to #7363)

Expert

Sorry Tom,
I re-read the note I had on there and It really Is confusing. The alignment we were using last year when I posted this is what I put in there. I just took out all the other potential corrections, clarifications and comments. I used Bruce's recommended alignment.

As far as I know, The documents were written in 1991. That is from Hal's comments and what other folks have told me. I was not a member then so others will have to fill in the blanks.
tfhansen
Posted 4/19/2005 7:15 PM (#7366 - in reply to #7364)

Extreme Veteran

Joyce,

Thanks. And thanks for posting this. Now, anybody who is interested can make a copy and compare line-for-line with what the BRC has come up with. That will help them make a decision about which way they want to vote.

And thanks for always being able to provide documentation (some sort or whatever there is). Your efforts are appreciated.