Easy Rider cars

Posted 3/29/2004 1:11 AM (#2861)
Subject: Easy Rider cars

Can the members give me some feedback on the desireability of the Easy Rider brand of sidecar? I have found one that I am interested in buying to mount to my 73 BMW R75 /5. Are they a good mount, what are the pluses and minuses of owning one of these rigs? What about parts availability? I have never owned a rig before so any help will be taken sincerely. I have not positively identified this as an Easy Rider but based on the information from E-bay sellers it looks exactly like what they are selling. Where do I look for a manufactures ID?
Thanks...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
claude #3563
Posted 3/29/2004 1:38 AM (#2862 - in reply to #2861)
Subject: RE: Easy Rider cars

Expert

The E Z Rider and the Spirit Eagle, I beleive, are basically the same. A Spirit Eagle can be seen by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/38oeg
They are a small and very light chair. The last one I worked on was mounted to a Honda 750A. It took quite a bit of 'tweaking' to turn into a fairly stable outfit.
It could work on the /5. I would set it up so the chair is as far out from the bike as possible and probably resign myself to adding ballast for extra weight.
Hopefully others will have more input for you.
JayDauntless
Posted 3/29/2004 9:55 AM (#2864 - in reply to #2861)

Extreme Veteran

The sidecar should be a good match for your bike.
The mounts on it are a bit crude. Be sure to use a sub frame on your BMW as the frame is very thin making simple frame clamps not a good idea. Your front down tube is oval which also makes frame clamps not work out well.
We make a mounting kit for your bike as do some other companies. Our kit gives you all 4 mounting points. We also have a set of billet clamps that move your stock forks forward by 2 1/2 inches which makes for very light steering with the sidecar.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Jay Giese
Dauntless Motors Corporation
www.duantlessmotors.com

Posted 3/29/2004 2:28 PM (#2866 - in reply to #2861)

Hello I appologise for busting in with this completely unrelated thread but I am a newbie who just spent a half hour writing in my introductory thread only to be told that 'moderators' only were allowed to write a new thread. What gives? and how does one say hello around here? Please tell me this is not the sister forum to Leica owners aaaaaargh!.
SidecarMike
Posted 3/29/2004 6:55 PM (#2873 - in reply to #2866)

Expert

Originally written by kitewgn on 3/29/2004 1:28 PM

I am a newbie who just spent a half hour writing in my introductory thread only to be told that 'moderators' only were allowed to write a new thread. What gives?
What Forum were you trying to start a thread in? Try it in the General Discussion Forum and let us know what happens. Mike

Posted 4/6/2004 5:41 PM (#3006 - in reply to #2861)

If, it is an American Easy Rider the model tag should be on floor of tub under the seat when you tilt it up to access the storage space in back. It will have the name, serial#, and the now none exsitant Lancaster, Texas address. This car is lighter then a velorex so on bigger bikes your going to need some ballest. I like the style of the body on them> A little small but, nice lines, sort of plain jane, classic, utilatarian look.