Bolt On Brackets?
hacker john
Posted 9/21/2009 7:38 AM (#46389)
Subject: Bolt On Brackets?

Trying to connect my 74 Moto Guzzi with a 72 Ural.
Need the Universal Bolt On Brackets.
Can anyone help?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Doug Hasert
Posted 9/29/2009 2:38 PM (#46589 - in reply to #46389)
Subject: Re: Bolt On Brackets?

Go to home page and click on vendors, you'll find all kinds. Dauntless motors and Motovation have good mounts, probably more have them. Where are you located ? did not see in your profile. Doug
Peter Pan
Posted 9/29/2009 7:14 PM (#46593 - in reply to #46389)

Hello John,
the clamp type adapters often turn arround on the frame tubes. I'd go with something solid like a subframe. Or if the Guzzi has allready previsions (had them until end seventies) go on those points with ball joint or eye bolts.
I have seen several rigs back home with clamps and after a few miles they weren't alligned anymore and made the whole rig instable. In the worst case the tube got damaged.

Keep in mind that every lever always should be as short as possible and the most solid geometry is a triangle.
wait: '74 should already have the conection points prepared so that you just should have to screw on the 2 ball joints at the lower part (front botom where the 2 frame loops below the engine join and support it and at or close to the pivot of the back swing) and the 2 eye bolts up at the front where the 2 loops meet the steering head and at the back at the point where the shocks are supported.
For the balls you use a collapsing sperical fist like you know from old beemers.
Best of them is that they make it very easy to adjust the tilt of the bike and are damn rigid even when you have a hash riding style.

Enjoy the setup and riding afterwards.
Sven Peter

Edited by Peter Pan 9/29/2009 7:31 PM
hacker john
Posted 9/30/2009 7:36 AM (#46596 - in reply to #46589)

Thanks-I am in St Charles,Mo
hacker john
Posted 9/30/2009 7:39 AM (#46597 - in reply to #46589)

Got it-Thanks