should i or not
ferdrobert
Posted 10/12/2009 4:50 PM (#46816)
Subject: should i or not

i have never ridden a side car rig but am seriously thinking about it. i now ride 95 kawasaki concours. i am 62 and my reflexes are not what they used to be.can or should i use the connie with a side car or go with a beemer.what can you guys say that would convince me to get a sidecar rig.thanks for you ideas...Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 10/12/2009 7:15 PM (#46822 - in reply to #46816)
Subject: RE: should i or not

At 62 you may be ready for a slower pace than the kids (or not). Smell the roses, as it were.
A sidecar rig allows one to ride year around if desired without worrying about dumping your bike due to wet, icy or leaf and mud coated roadways. Gives you a lot of carrying space for your tools, toys or passengers be they folks or animals, offers social opportunities from just gabbing at a gas stop to group activities such as Rallys and allows you to compare thoughts, ideas and experiences with all of us here.
That's just for starters, they're also a lot of fun.
The Concours, though not the easiest bike to attach a hack to, are a cult bike that many have converted to sidecar combos. Not your run of the mill setup which for some also increases the desire to use one for their sidecar tug.

Lonnie
Northwest Sidecars
Peter Pan
Posted 10/12/2009 8:06 PM (#46828 - in reply to #46816)
Subject: Re: should i or not

Chris, there is no doubt about it.
With the sidecar you still may have some 20 or more years to enjoy the fresh air.
You are just as old as you feel and your will be able to lower doctors fees substituting them by gas bills.
What do you prefer?
I go for the body building in fresh mountain air.
Sven Peter
Reardan Tom
Posted 10/13/2009 8:49 PM (#46845 - in reply to #46816)
Subject: Re: should i or not

After riding on two wheels for a lot of years, riding a sidecar outfit was a whole new thrill. I was surprised to find out how much fun it is. Been at it for about five years now and not going back. And I sure like being able to take Archie with me.