Sidecar Museum
hal77079
Posted 1/6/2011 11:24 PM (#55400)
Subject: Sidecar Museum

This is a sidecar site that will answer all those historical questions on and about sidecars written by the expert

http://www.sidecar.it/home.html

Hal
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Doug Hasert
Posted 5/24/2011 5:46 PM (#58065 - in reply to #55400)
Subject: Re: Sidecar Museum

Too bad it can't be converted to English, or can it ? Doug
hal77079
Posted 5/24/2011 6:41 PM (#58066 - in reply to #58065)

Yes - there are two ways to obtain the translated version.

1. The English versuin was printed in the Sidecarist - the official magazine of the USCA. believe it was Volume 35, either number 1 or number 2.

Call or e-mail Dave Bonham - editor - 206-923-0475, or, davidbonham@hotmail.com

or

2. Just copy the italian page - then go to Google tools - paste into the box, choose Italian to English, then hit translate

Here is the first page:
Italian to English translation

HISTORY OF THE SIDECAR
By the only museum in the world dedicated entirely to the sidecar, I am pleased to present the history of this vehicle through a traveling exhibition of historic sidecar most representative of those held inside the museum, enriched by many original accessories that testify to the creativity and imagination of our ancestors. Added to this is a movie with very few historical documents.

With 20 exhibits will try to revive the last 100 years of human history that, through efforts and inventions, created more and more sophisticated vehicles, now readily available but children of a history of research and experimentation.

The exhibition traces the various ages and touches the major industrialized countries that have always been chased to improve the technique, aesthetics, comfort.

My sincere thanks to the pioneers of the sidecar, the makers of a transport history too often forgotten.

===========
Hal Kendall

WinginCamera
Posted 5/31/2011 2:40 AM (#58166 - in reply to #55400)

Using Google Chrome I automatically get a option to translate from Italian to English.
SidecarMike
Posted 5/31/2011 7:21 PM (#58179 - in reply to #58166)

You can also go to http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ and type in the address.
hal77079
Posted 5/31/2011 9:35 PM (#58181 - in reply to #55400)
Subject: RE: Sidecar Museum

Automatic translation - even with google (not chrome) - juswt past the link to the sidecar museum - http://www.sidecar.it - into the Google language page where it says: Translate a web page - good for these languages:

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrialianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish ยป AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrialianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Viragorider
Posted 6/8/2011 12:19 PM (#58327 - in reply to #55400)

Hi folks
I'm new on here and looking for information.
I have recently purchased what I believe to be a hitch hiker side car .
Have searched the net and come up with an old add from hitch hiker sidecars and the company doesn't exist any more.
I would like info on who made them and do they still exist and where and so one.
Thanks
Fly
Posted 6/8/2011 2:26 PM (#58331 - in reply to #55400)
Subject: RE: Sidecar Museum

hitchhiker was originally made in Minn. in the 70s. it was sold and moved to Ohio in the 80s.it went out of business in the late 90s. hitchhiker was then bought by a guy from Ky. he never did anything with it and has since pasted away.
fly
Viragorider
Posted 6/8/2011 3:16 PM (#58333 - in reply to #55400)

Thanks Fly
Thanks for all that info. Fly
Appreciated.
I looked evrywhere for a serial number..did the number plate them do you know and if so, where should I be looking.
There was an additional box mounted to the frame and then the body on top of that for storage under the seat compartment..also reaising it higher about by 5 inches...I thought perhaps the label might be on the fram below this box work??
Thnaks Buddy
Fly
Posted 6/8/2011 5:04 PM (#58336 - in reply to #55400)

i don't remember ever seeing a serial #. i have a 90 and a 93. the90 is not bolted to the frame right now . i'll pull the body a look for a number. do you have a picture of the box ?
fly
Fly
Posted 6/8/2011 6:39 PM (#58339 - in reply to #55400)

could not find any #s.......fly
Viragorider
Posted 6/8/2011 7:19 PM (#58340 - in reply to #55400)

Hey there Fly..I tried to send you photos but your email address is not a ligitamate one.
I'm new on here and don't know how to navigate this site in order to attach photos.
Fly
Posted 6/8/2011 9:37 PM (#58342 - in reply to #55400)

sidecarasylum@yahoo.com
Viragorider
Posted 6/8/2011 9:46 PM (#58343 - in reply to #55400)

tis done..should get it right away.
Thanks