Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ?This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.?
- (Added by: DAVE)

CSC Friendship III hinged hatch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

papasmurf
Posted 7/22/2004 12:24 PM (#4203)
Subject: CSC Friendship III hinged hatch

Regular

Have any of you folks attempted to replace the annoying factory-installed latches on right and left rear lower corner of the access hatch?
Never cared for them, as passenger could be in big trouble in emergency situation, as they're VERY HARD to reach from inside car! One of mine finally broke because hook moved back to lock position with hatch open, I didn't see it and it broke when I closed hatch.
Was pondering possible use of Jeep hood latches, with spring-loaded T-handle. Maybe I could put an extension on these, so passenger could reach them easier. ANY OTHER suggested locking mechanism [and it would be NICE if the passenger could reach them easily from inside] would be really appreciated, as the originals are being scrapped as soon as a suitable replacement is found. TTFN.....Old Tom in NH
P.S. I understand that Champion Daytona has electric latch which passenger can open using a push-button. Is this true?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software