Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Better to ride well than to ride fast
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

Am loving my sidecar rig.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 7/24/2004 5:40 PM (#4210)
Subject: Am loving my sidecar rig.

This is a big Thank You to Joyce Canfield. In mid May I posted that I had given up two wheeling because of balance problems associated with Parkinson's, and it was killing me to not ride. I asked if a sidecar was an option. Joyce responded and said to contact Vern Goodwin in Lincoln NE, a noted old-timer. He is 135 miles from me. So I called him and had a helpful talk and he referred me to a sidecarist here in Kearney. When I called him, he said it was a coincidence, but just two days before he talked to someone with a '86 Cavalcade with a Califonia car. It had been stored for years with only 1800 miles and was five blocks from my house. Yesterday (after a couple months of putting Humpty together again) I took it to Vern in Lincoln for tweaking of toe-in and lean. I knew it needed to be done, but after he worked his magic, It was like a new beginning.
If Joyce had not responded to my first question, the whole chain of events would not have happened, so I am indebted to her, and hope to meet someday.
Vince
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 7/24/2004 8:59 PM (#4212 - in reply to #4210)
Subject: RE: Am loving my sidecar rig.

Expert

Vince, you are very welcome. Why not hop on that rig and make the trip down to the Flint Hills Rally in September. We would love to meet you and check out that great ride. Sidecars are real fun and I've never met I sidecarist I didn't like!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software