Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuff -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It is the province of knowledge to speak and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen." Oliver Wendell Holmes
- (Added by: DAVE)

2012 Rally
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuffMessage format

dwhitlock
Posted 7/28/2012 8:13 PM (#65960)
Subject: 2012 Rally

Is this the right place for comments on the rally in Coeur d'Alene? If not, where?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reardan Tom
Posted 7/28/2012 9:11 PM (#65961 - in reply to #65960)
Subject: Re: 2012 Rally

There's a couple other threads but now there's this one- comment away!
dwhitlock
Posted 7/28/2012 10:25 PM (#65962 - in reply to #65960)

My wife and I attended the rally. It was quite enjoyable. We renewed our acquaintance with some old friends. The Saturday night meal was very good. Next time, we'll bring our folding chairs.
Spuddy
Posted 9/23/2012 1:51 PM (#67112 - in reply to #65960)
Subject: RE: 2012 Rally

As I said before, Coeur d'Alene was great and the staff and volunteers did a fine job. That being said, perhaps a three things might be considered for future gatherings. 1. A message board. 2. Rider[s] and bike photos taken at check-in. 3. A list of attendees and contacts made available to participants after-the-fact.

Obviously, it's additional work, but once put in place it might be 'easier' to institute at future rallies. Just say'n...
SwampFox
Posted 9/23/2012 8:03 PM (#67118 - in reply to #67112)

Spuddy - 9/23/2012 1:51 PM

As I said before, Coeur d'Alene was great and the staff and volunteers did a fine job. That being said, perhaps a three things might be considered for future gatherings. 1. A message board. 2. Rider[s] and bike photos taken at check-in. 3. A list of attendees and contacts made available to participants after-the-fact....

Hi Spuddy, we're working on the 2013 rally in Mountain View, Arkansas.

Please explain how a message board works -- I'm presuming this helps folks find each other, etc.

Rider photos might be possible -- depends on volunteers.

I'm not sure about a list of participants and contacts considering privacy issues and such.  Maybe we could ask folks if they want their info included in such a list and if so, what info (address and/or phone and/or email and/or forum handle?).  Hmm....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Spuddy
Posted 9/24/2012 12:35 PM (#67125 - in reply to #65960)

LEE:
An effective Message Board would be just a big cork board [or two] on a stand or tripod. As far as privacy goes... the fact one attends seems to answer the photo question and an identifier could be a number or name-card held by the member[s] attending. Just a thought...
SwampFox
Posted 9/24/2012 9:13 PM (#67132 - in reply to #65960)

Good deal Spuddy, we'll try to work the suggestions into the plans.
J.R.
Posted 10/8/2012 10:02 AM (#67502 - in reply to #67112)

H. Rally host are always looking for volunteers for jobs such as you suggest. I was at a rally in Saltillo Mx. where they took your picture as you registered. Couple of hours later you got your Id. with all your info on it plus your picture. Anyone having that equipment would be welcome to step up and volunteer. At ne rally,Butch Turner took pictures and put them on key rings. Hope to see you at Mountain view. J.R. Tex state rep
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software