Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never met a person I couldnt learn from. - GrubyGust
- (Added by: Administrator)

velorex for triumph bonne
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 8/7/2004 1:05 PM (#4364)
Subject: velorex for triumph bonne

Hey!
I have decided that I will probably put a Velorex 562 on my 800cc sky blue/silver Triumph Bonneville.
#1) What about putting a reverse on it? I don't think I would like walking the bike out of parking. That might be or might not be as hard as I think.
#2) What about painting? I would like to think the sidecar would look good black and would match the seat and knee pads enough that I wouldn't have to paint the sidecar blue and or silver.
#3) Would a 562 run well with my Bonne, still able to do interstate? I would think there wouldn't be any problem there. Bonne is a great running bike.
#4) What do you have to do when the chair flies? Do I get some weights from a weight room, etc., and use it as ballast? What about handling a sidecar as opposed to a bike?
#5) Gas mileage decrease? Probably no biggie. Figured I would ask while I was at it.
#6) Where could I get a good, used 562 or other utilitarian sidecar that would look and ride well mounted on Baby Blue at a good price? Will be working again soon, .
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 8/7/2004 4:11 PM (#4365 - in reply to #4364)
Subject: RE: velorex for triumph bonne

Expert

The new Velorex 562 Cruiser would be a good fit. They now have beefed up suspension with a 20mm axle. That used to be a $450. option plus shipping installation.
I've never seen a reverse setup for the Bonny. Never needed one with a 562.
They come with a gloss black enamel finish which will polish and wax out good. If repainting, we only have the paint done above the waist molding and do the fender since the lower body has a black matte leather textured finish that hides rock chips and such.
You can run the superslab with it.
We recommend using maybe 60# of soft ballast in the boot at first till you get used to the balance point of your rig, more if you never want to fly the chair. Ferro-cement weight set weights will work, shot, plastic milk bottles with wet sand, whatever, but soft enough not to damage the fiberglass body if they bounce around a bit.
Gas mileage, depends on your driving habits and if you are going to use the full height windshield. Maybe 20%
Don't have any used cruisers, they are new enough that we have only sold one so far. We have the 562A for $1,895.00 and the 562 Cruiser for $2,049.00 plus freight cost. After sale tech support is free.

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
nwsidecar@aol.com

Posted 8/8/2004 12:50 PM (#4380 - in reply to #4364)
Subject: RE: velorex for triumph bonne

Mr. Lonnie:
I, being poor, will have to go with used. I would appreciate any and all networking that can be done on this forum. Will probably save my money and then peruse the sidecars for sale part of this forum.

Edited by scrcdanny 8/8/2004 12:51 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software