Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Trying is the first step toward failure - Homer Simpson
- (Added by: John Farr)

Sidecars recommendation for a Buell M2 Cyclone
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

SBRubinson
Posted 8/10/2004 10:28 PM (#4413)
Subject: Sidecars recommendation for a Buell M2 Cyclone

I'm trying to find out if anyone makes a sidecar to fit my 2000 Buell Cyclone.

The Armec sidecars looked good online, but mainly fit BMWs and Guzzis, according to Armec's website.

Any thoughts?

My kids have been bugging me to get a sidecar, and I'm thinking that if I can't find one to fit my bike, I'll get another bike or a complete rig.

Steve Rubinson
Racine, WI
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 8/11/2004 8:21 AM (#4416 - in reply to #4413)
Subject: RE: Sidecars recommendation for a Buell M2 Cyclone

Expert

Another direction for starting out in sidehacking might be to procure an inexpensive Japanese cruiser. Somewhere between 650cc and 1100ccs would be a good range. Find an affordable sidecar that suits your fancy, get it installed and take the kids out for some fun. That way, when you want to do the zoomies with your performance bike you won't have to dismantle your sports rig. They all say fifteen or twenty minutes off and on with the hack, but it's more like twenty minutes off and wrestle a one legged cow to get it back on again. Not something one would wish to do every weekend or so. A sidecar dolly helps, but it's still a chore.
You mentioned an ARMAC, but for the price and installation you can have a complete sidecar outfit that would be much more tractable for probably less of an investment. Bottom line being, if you decide sidecaring isn't as enjoyable as you expected, you can move the sidehack rig and recoup your investment or even make a buck if you did a good job on it. That way you would not have to compromise your sports bike with sub-framing and other modifications that would make it less desireable to you as a solo bike and you have a rig for family (or personal) fun..
JayDauntless
Posted 8/11/2004 7:44 PM (#4423 - in reply to #4413)

Extreme Veteran

I have been asked several times about mounting sidecars to the M2 and have looked at them and worked out how I would mount a sidecar. We could mount any number of different sidecars to this bike but as it is a very complex bike to attach a sidecar to we would have to have the bike into our shop near Seattle.
Let me know if I can be of help.
Jay Giese
Dauntless Motors Corporation
www.dauntlessmotors.com
SBRubinson
Posted 8/12/2004 8:38 AM (#4430 - in reply to #4413)

All,

Thanks for your input!

My first choice is a H-D or Buell.

I have been looking online at Asian and European imports as well. I've seen a few rigs for less than $5000. An interesting one was a small Honda (250cc?) with a Velorex sidecar for about $4000, which I thought was a bit pricey for the size of the bike.

Even the Urals seem to be pretty inexpensive, and I have seen postings that quality has improved on them. I almost wish I hadn't sold my '81 Suzuki 750, which might have been adaptable as a sidecar rig. Oh, well.

I will probably go the "cheap used" route, and will take my time to look around to see what I can get at entry level, maybe a used Sportster.

Thanks again for all of your recommendations.

Steve
Donny O.
Posted 8/17/2004 7:57 PM (#4473 - in reply to #4413)

sorry for the shameless plug here but i'm selling a complete rig and i'm local to you(south central wisconsin is close enough to be local). this was my first rig that I got cheap jsut to see if the kids would like it and they did. so last year we bought a new rig so this one has to go. good starter rig to see if you or the kids like I and it is cheap!! it is in the for sale section but here is a link.
http://www.sidecar.com/megabbs/thread-view.asp?threadid=1109&posts=...

Donny O.
SBRubinson
Posted 8/18/2004 1:05 PM (#4479 - in reply to #4413)

Donny - I'll bite - let's see pictures - SBRubinson@yahoo.com

Also left you a note on the classifieds page.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software