Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Roads you gotta try. -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: ?Just because you can put a jigsaw puzzle of the Sistine Chapel together all by yourself, doesn?t make you Michelangelo?
- (Added by: Diesel Biker)

Thomas on his walk North
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Roads you gotta try.Message format

Reardan Tom
Posted 1/21/2014 11:00 AM (#75850 - in reply to #72389)
Subject: Re: Thomas on his walk North

Elite Veteran

That's great news Sven!!! Finally, after all this time!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Peter Pan
Posted 1/21/2014 11:35 AM (#75851 - in reply to #72389)

Expert

Grrrrhhhh. Obvoiusly Murfey's law has to strike.
Yesterday night I made my round with Thomas and had my last drop of 18 year old rum, and today I cannot find the lawyers proof that the national property register is making the registration.....
Sven

PS. Numbers can be very suggestive. 386336= 1963 I was born. 36 was my age when the worst health trouble started after my wife's 3rd lost, and on my 38th birthday I felt like a new born again after 8 month illness. I know now what aches are and do not wish them to anybody.
So its never too late to have a happy childhood.

Ah, my daughter approved the new bike."its totally different then the Jawa, Much more comfortable, not as noisy, and has a soft direction"
May she finally get on the taste?

Note: Something is strange. some days the photos will appear only as link and today again as photo. Somebody has an explanation for it?

Edited by Peter Pan 1/21/2014 9:37 PM

(IMG_1225.JPG)

(IMG_1223.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1225.JPG (150KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1223.JPG (239KB - 0 downloads)
Peter Pan
Posted 1/29/2014 12:52 AM (#75977 - in reply to #75851)

Expert

I'll post once more again, as there happened a small digital accident: Thank You Lee for advising.
Anyhow you know what computers and two stroker riders have in common?
full or nothing. 1 or 0
I had a Finish motocross buddy. Full throttle or idle, in between he couldn't handle his life. And knowing him he'll still be traveling arround the world for business or sit in a London pub.

Myself I am a proportional control spezi, so over square 4 stroke engines fit best to my piece of mind .(Just imagine a rig made out of a water cooled Norton Commando)
Dose just the barely necessary right from the botom. and travel smooth.

.....<p>Today was the big day=I got the costarrican owners title....  finally...through with this long story to bring back our family weekend ride.... and blue sky after months of rain.</p>

Today means yesterday Tuesday I got handed over in the morning the costarrican owners title of Sophie Travelair. a couple of typical errant rides to different offices later I have now the stickers for technical revision, paid road tax and liability insurance.(again somebody mixed up data and suddenly in the register my Ural was converted into a Freedom...and now again a single traction bike but 23kw and not 70 (imagine a Ural with 94hp...sounds like a dream,... Costarrican government makes it possible with a simple key strike))
5 Month and 1 week later after handing back The Ural Patrol to Racewayservices in Salem Oregon, I am finally free to ride without restriction.
Till now 400km in a week. Imagine she even takes the bad steep village roads
On Saturday my friend Fernando the Jawa importer came fully dressed into my shop to inspect Sophie and her spares and have a short test ride in the neighbourhood.
He judges: "What a stiff piece of heavy iron!"

"As usually" (Thomas would blame) we had to find out mistakes in spare supply. some of the carb jets fit neither set of carbs I own....so I am stuck with a way too open pilot jet that looks more like for a 2 stroker carb.

Monday downtown at the central Avenue, first street crossing as usually a Taxi driver blocked the crossing and I had to evade him. With the left back flasher signal I ripped off the plastic bumper off a Nissan XTrail (supposed to be 4x4). all damage I had. was that the flasher got twisted by a few degree. To my shame I have to admit that this is in 32 years the 3rd time I hit with a motorcycle another vehicle and the first time I damage the other car, All motorcycle accidents I had were alone or slipping (in contrast with cars i better do not count)

In the evening I fooled a bit tweeking the carbs and found that some when since the transport box unloading the left carb has got a damage. The choke lever is twisted and a plastic cap missing.

The colonial church with the separate bell tower is only half a mile away from the technical revision station. Such beautiful spots nowerdays became rare in central valley. Outside in the mountains you still find a lot of the OLD Costa Rica.
That is where I will head for soon.
Sometimes I will keep you in the cold north informed.
Best wishes from the finest part of our summer.
Sven

Edited by Peter Pan 1/29/2014 11:18 AM

(IMG_1231.JPG)

(IMG_1233.JPG)

(IMG_1234.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1231.JPG (197KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1233.JPG (197KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1234.JPG (307KB - 1 downloads)
Reardan Tom
Posted 1/29/2014 12:19 PM (#75983 - in reply to #72389)

Elite Veteran

Finally, finally, finally! After all the stress and aggravation. Congratulations on having her legally on the road!!!
Reardan Tom
Posted 1/29/2014 12:19 PM (#75984 - in reply to #72389)

Elite Veteran

Finally, finally, finally! After all the stress and aggravation. Congratulations on having her legally on the road!!!
Peter Pan
Posted 4/23/2014 12:29 AM (#77411 - in reply to #72389)

Expert

Yesterday our Guardian Angels from the border near Eagle Ak were here in Costa Rica for half a day. We had a few nice hours up in the Quaker town Monteverde at the edge of the rainforest.
Felixa and David a couple that laughs most of their time have made the voyage on a Cruiser arround Cape Horn and head now North back home to Vancoover..
Their lesson for us is: "Do things while you still can."

The welcome committee, little bandit, arrived too late.

May the one above lead them always on the safe path.

Edited by Peter Pan 4/23/2014 12:45 AM

(IMGP0107barco.JPG)

(IMGP0113subir.JPG)

(IMGP0128felixaydavid.JPG)

(IMGP0131mapache.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMGP0107barco.JPG (57KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0113subir.JPG (64KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0128felixaydavid.JPG (63KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0131mapache.JPG (71KB - 0 downloads)
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software