Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
- (Added by: DAVE)

animal passengers
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

sidebuggy
Posted 11/2/2004 10:11 PM (#5209 - in reply to #4814)
Subject: RE: animal passengers

Claude....

I was on my two wheeler a few years back and decided to take in the GoatFestival. (Here in Louisiana,we have festivals for anything!) During the activities, there was a goat auction and the last baby goat was up for sale and the bidding was slow and I bid low and behold, I got her. I just couldn't resist those blue eyes, one of my many weaknesses.(Too many essess?)

Anyway, I had to bring her home and I was on my bike. She was small, about 7 lbs or so,I guess. So I unbuttoned the leather jacket and zipped it partially with her head sticking out. She wasn't happy about it at first, but she reconciled herself after a bit and I headed home.

I got into town and a few people saw that strange growth. At a red light, a local character walked up to me and stared at us. His comment after a few seconds was, "What's an old goat like you doing with a young kid?"
He walked off and within a week, everyone knew I had a goat.

I kept her in a fenced in yard for a couple weeks, but I couldn't keep her from jumping on a doghouse and then up to the roof or over the fence. Kids in the neighborhood loved her, but I was worried about her getting hit by a car or being attacked by dogs, so I gave her to a friend in the country that raises sheep. I kinda missed coming home and seeing her running all over the roof grazing on the tree limbs hanging over the roof.

Oh well..........

budamy

Top of the page Bottom of the page
claude #3563
Posted 11/3/2004 12:11 AM (#5213 - in reply to #5209)

Expert

Thanks for that post..great story!
From one old goat to another,
Claude
sidebuggy
Posted 11/13/2004 10:27 PM (#5320 - in reply to #4814)

Claude....

I just reread my message and saw that I had typed I kept her for a couple weeks....nope, it was more like 4 or 5 months. Being my advanced age, I had a senior moment there.

Sorry 'bout that.........

budamy
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software