Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Sidecar FAQ -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ride By Side Sidecars
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Sidecar FAQMessage format

CMABear
Posted 3/6/2014 7:28 PM (#76624)
Subject: Ride By Side Sidecars

Hi I'm Karl, I called Richard and he suggested that I post here and ask if anyone has heard of the sidecar manufacturer named "Ride By Side Sidecars"? Would also like to know if anybody had any dealings with this manufacturer in the safety and wear of this product.

I have a '07 Harley Ultra Classic and I'm looking to install this sidecar to my bike, but I could not find any information about this sidecar; it looks well-made and the brackets look strong... I would like to know more about it.

Thank you for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SwampFox
Posted 3/6/2014 8:42 PM (#76629 - in reply to #76624)
Subject: RE: Ride By Side Sidecars

Welcome to the offset sidecar world Bear.

Here's Some History from: http://www.texassidecars.com/about-us.html

...CJ and Ardis Foust founded the Ride-By-Side company in 1979 in Hartland, Michigan.  They began with one model – now called the Standard.  It has been a popular choice for small- and mid-displacement motorcycles for over 20 years.  A variation of the Standard, which has a smaller wheel and custom mounting, has been mated to quite a few Honda Helixes.

The Standard grew in width to become the new Ranger model.  Several hundred of these were built over the years and have been mounted on almost every popular make and model motorcycle, from Honda to Harley....

In October, 2000, Bob Darden purchased the sidecar molds, patterns and names from the Ride-By-Side company.  He and Deb Darden then formed The Texas Sidecar Company....

We have two Ranger's mounted to mid-size bikes - they are basic, but sturdy sidecars.  I'd think the Standard model is too small/narrow for a Ultra Classic, but I've seen several Ranger's mounted to baggers (with some ballast when empty).    Some of the our members/installers should be along with more specifics.

CMABear
Posted 3/6/2014 10:32 PM (#76630 - in reply to #76629)
Subject: RE: Ride By Side Sidecars

Thank you Swampfox for the welcome and the information.
jaydmc
Posted 3/7/2014 10:11 AM (#76641 - in reply to #76624)
Subject: Re: Ride By Side Sidecars

If it helps, we should be able to help you out with mounting hardware as we make bike specific for your bike as well as offer triple tree's to lower the steering effort and have reverse for the bike.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
OldSchool_IsCool
Posted 3/21/2014 1:02 PM (#76878 - in reply to #76624)
Subject: Re: Ride By Side Sidecars

It's my understanding that the Foust's bought some/all the molds of the Auburn Sidecar Company (Auburn, Indiana). My sidecar is actually an Auburn Gemini (two-seater) whos molds where, and again this is based on some sketchy research on my part, passed through the Ride-by-Side company to Texas Sidecars. The Gemini became the Texas TwinStar.

Unfortunatly, the molds for the TwinStar were lost in a fire and never recreated.

(Fall_In_Milham_Park_Small.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Fall_In_Milham_Park_Small.JPG (46KB - 0 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software