Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
- (Added by: bmwzenrider)

Auto Tires
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

blueflu
Posted 10/7/2004 10:38 PM (#4947)
Subject: Auto Tires

I was at the BMW RA rally in Caanan West Virginia and spoke to a gentleman about sidecars. I have a BMW K-100 with a Vetter Terraplane and he said I could use VW tires in the motorcycle and sidecar. Anyone ever heard of this? I have obviously seen sidecar rigs with auto tires on them but never seen anyone use the tire and wheel offa VW? Would this work?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bandit Bill
Posted 10/7/2004 11:02 PM (#4948 - in reply to #4947)
Subject: RE: Auto Tires

You may have spoken with either Harry Tarzain of HT wheels, or Claude who owns a white K100 with a set of Harry's wheels on it. What he's referring to is a conversion of your existing wheel sets, where a volkswagon spec centerline wheel is mated to your machined motorcycle wheel hub assembly to produce a car tire setup. I believe this particular conversion involves either a 145-80R15 or a 165R15 tire size (165 is the tire size that volkswagon used on the Beetles in the early-mid 1960's).

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software