Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Classified Ads -> Miscellaneous Sidecar Related Wanted -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: My SUV just burned all the gas your Prius saved for me. Thank you.
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

sub-frames
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Classified Ads -> Miscellaneous Sidecar Related WantedMessage format

Jimbosidecar
Posted 3/20/2014 3:48 PM (#76850)
Subject: sub-frames

Regular

I'm looking for a sub-frame to mount a Ural type sidecar to a Harley Sportster. I'm also looking for a sub-frame to mount a Ural type sidecar to a BMW R1200C (Cruiser).
I'm in Nevada.
e-mail jim@bmwsidecar.com>
Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jaydmc
Posted 3/21/2014 10:33 AM (#76872 - in reply to #76850)
Subject: Re: sub-frames

Expert

We of course make both new. The R1200C mounts fit all years of R1200C's but not the Montak or the CLC. For the Sportster we have mounts from 1986-2003 and a different set for 2004 to current. For the Ural sidecar you must convert the lower mounts to fully adjustable mounts which requires welding on the sidecar frame, we have the parts for this as well as drawings. You say "Ural" type sidecar, We would need to know if it really is a Ural, not a Dnepr or CJ as they have different diameter frame tubes. As you are located in China, I would expect that they are CJ sidecars.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
Jimbosidecar
Posted 3/21/2014 1:39 PM (#76879 - in reply to #76872)
Subject: Re: sub-frames

Regular

Hi Jay, The sidecar is a Chang Jiang sidecar. I'll have to find out the year of the Harley Sportster and get back to you. The BMW is just a plain Jane R1200C.
Thanks for your reply. I'm no longer located in China, although I still have a shop there. My new shop is in Boulder City, NV which is where we now live.
Regds,
Jim
www.bmwsidecar.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software