Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
- (Added by: DAVE)

calif passenger law
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Posted 10/9/2004 10:54 PM (#4962)
Subject: calif passenger law

I'm new to the sidecar world and have asked city police, county sheriff (riverside,Ca) and CHP what the law is reguarding children passengers---4years / under 40 pounds.None of the agencies have an answer(been to their main offices, not an individual). Any one have an answer? P.S. I've drive a 61 FLH with a 39 hack.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 10/10/2004 11:40 AM (#4969 - in reply to #4962)
Subject: RE: calif passenger law

Expert

Most states have few regulations that are sidecar specific. They rely mostly on 2 wheel bike rules. I have seen many small children in sidecars in California. The most at one time were at the Griffith Park Sidecar Rally in Los Angeles. Here in Washington a child under 5 years old cannot be a passenger on a two wheeled bike. However there are no rules blocking a child of any age from being a passenger in a sidecar rig since they are not upon a motorcycle but enclosed in the sidecar itself. There is no danger of falling off of the sidecar. The helmet rules still apply for sidecars and some folks have smaller children belted in or buckled in a child car seat. Most helmets used are either bicycle type for the little guys or, since there are so many powered scooters around, most large auto supply stores now have childrens sized DOT approved helmets for sale. At least they have them here, and I would assume also in California.

Edited by Hack'n 10/10/2004 11:42 AM

Posted 10/11/2004 10:38 PM (#4986 - in reply to #4962)

Thanks for the info. I'm going to the Griffith park rally in two weeks and should be able to get some concrete information then.
FENDER2YOU
Posted 10/12/2004 9:32 AM (#4987 - in reply to #4962)

Regular

if your going to the rally you, you should get a hold of doug bingham, at sidestrider.com, i believe he will know a little more about the laws in calif. see you there..

fender
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software