Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you are not willing to stand BEHIND our troops,feel free to stand in front of them....
- (Added by: dave)

Uncertain?Rendezvous September 26-28, 2014 Caddo Lake, Texas
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

swoody126
Posted 9/23/2014 8:31 PM (#80294 - in reply to #80292)
Subject: Re: Uncertain?Rendezvous September 26-28, 2014 Caddo Lake, Texas

Txart - 9/23/2014 7:26 PM

swoody126 - 9/23/2014 7:28 PM

Txart - 9/23/2014 6:15 PM

While the women ride off for their lunch on Friday and before the off payment ride, I shall be cooking tamales for lunch. Already have an outdoor propane cooker with tank but will need another cooker on which to cook the beans or maybe your quarters has a kitchen. Any volunteers? Let me know....

do you have all the pots n pans & just need the stove w/ tank?

i have a 2 burner cowboy stove, if that would work

sw

I'll take the pots that are needed -- just need more fire to cook on -- a small camp stove would be a little slow but better than a match....

i didn't say SMALL CAMP STOVE

you'll have PLENTY FIRE

sw
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SwampFox
Posted 9/23/2014 8:37 PM (#80296 - in reply to #77137)

Expert

If the cowboy stove doesn't work we have a mobile home with kitchen reserved. We should be there before 11am Friday, but I can ask Sara to go ahead a let you in before then if you need the kitchen.

Deferring to swoody's cowboy stove.   Thanks for looking out after us fellows Art.

Also:  It may be that we do not have a drink sponsor this year.  If not, I propose we take up a collection to purchase drinks/ice from the local store/marina.

Txart
Posted 9/23/2014 9:33 PM (#80297 - in reply to #80294)

Veteran

swoody126 - 9/23/2014 8:31 PM

While the women ride off for their lunch on Friday and before the off payment ride, I shall be cooking tamales for lunch. Already have an outdoor propane cooker with tank but will need another cooker on which to cook the beans or maybe your quarters has a kitchen. Any volunteers? Let me know....

sw

I'll take the pots that are needed -- just need more fire to cook on -- a small camp stove would be a little slow but better than a match....

you'll have PLENTY FIRE

sw

Bring it on Hoss - the hotter it gets the better the beer taste .......
swoody126
Posted 9/23/2014 9:36 PM (#80298 - in reply to #80297)

Txart - 9/23/2014 8:33 PM

swoody126 - 9/23/2014 8:31 PM

sw

you'll have PLENTY FIRE

sw

Bring it on Hoss - the hotter it gets the better the beer taste .......

WILCO
SwampFox
Posted 9/23/2014 9:39 PM (#80299 - in reply to #77137)

Expert

A motel room at the Shady Glade just opened up as one of group can't make it after encountering a mechanical failure today.
SwampFox
Posted 9/29/2014 8:22 AM (#80359 - in reply to #80299)

Expert

55± folks piloting/riding 30 sidecar rigs of just about every shape/size/color along with 4 trikes and 6 two-wheelers enjoyed sunny weather, dusty roads, tamales, chili, brisket & airplanes at the Uncertain?Rendezvous 2014:

swoody126
Posted 9/29/2014 9:33 AM (#80364 - in reply to #80359)

Friday morning, as Chili, the wonder monkey, and I pulled out onto the highway, my GPS screen turned from black to white, signifying SUNRISE. Only 200 miles to go to THE 2014 RENDEZVOUS AT UNCERTAIN, at Shady Glade Resort, in Uncertain, Texas. Just shy of four hours later, we pulled in beside COZY CABIN, our delightful air conditioned, carpeted, nicely plumbed, wooden sided tent for the weekend. The resort staff met me on the spot, provided the key and told us to enjoy our stay.

The next person we met was SWAMP FOX, who welcomed us to THE RENDEZVOUS. I threw our gear in the cabin and unloaded PATIENCE. We rode around the corner, to the pavilion, where a wonderful lunch of hand made TAMALES Y FRIJOLES was being prepared by TXART and his lovely family. WOW!!!

The girls took off on their luncheon ride while the boys chowed down on the TAMALES. After lunch, a bunch of us followed the SWAMP FOX for a back country ride. Did i say BACK COUNTRY, loud enough?

Chili n I rode drag, behind 12±(that’s more & less, as the ride progressed) machines, comprised of URALS, BEEMERS, A KLR, HARLEYS(HACKS & TRIKE), A TRIUMPH HACK & A GOLDWING TRIKE +++. What an eclectic string of mechanical conveyances!

The roads started out as paved and hot top and promptly deteriorated to oil topped dirt, rutted dirt, gravel ROCKS & SAND, LOTSA ROCKS & SAND. The scenery was over the top, with trees reaching all the way up to the sky. Did I mention the ROCKS & SAND? Look, CLOSELY, at the above pic to see the 2-trikes, 1-Harley & 1-Goldwing... YIKES!

Well... about 1/2 way thru the ride, we gathered at an intersection where several of the riders opted for the better maintained paved return route and the more adventurous souls kept on following SWAMP FOX. That’s when we really found the DEEP SOFT SAND. Once thru the SAND, the ROCKS GOT BIGGER. All souls and machines made it back to camp, SUITABLY DIRTY, to enjoy a good hot bowl of STEAMING RED CHILI and some fine story telling.

Saturday morning dawned, nice n cool, and the riders gathered to follow THE SWAMP FOX on a short ride, with an even shorter detour to the OLDEST MARINA IN THE STATE, to pick our second domino for the WASKOM LIONS CLUB sponsored fund raiser, over to the local airport, where an Antique Fly In was being held,. The 42± of us arrived, before 9:00 and were directed to VIP Parking, right at the gate.

There were some really cool vintage flying machines on display and more were steadily arriving. After enjoying the flying machines, we scattered around the area, for sight seeing, shopping, eating, taking advantage of the beautiful day, scenery and history of the area.

Back at THE RESORT, the afternoon games entertained the group. Something about sweeping a beach ball thru a course and scooping up road kill. Once the games were thru, machines & riders gathered for the obligatory GROUP PIC(remember, no pic, it never happened), followed by the AWARDS CEREMONY and a fine BBQ DINNER with all the trimmings. :clap:

Chili and i weren’t long on visiting Saturday evening...WE WERE TIRED!!!

After a nice Sunday breakfast, at the little cafe in the marina, CHILI, PATIENCE and I loaded up for the drive home.

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL and the only casualty, i heard of, was a cell phone that went swimming.

picture proof... it really happened

sw & CHILI, the wonder monkey
SwampFox
Posted 10/3/2014 8:18 AM (#80465 - in reply to #80364)

Expert

In 2014 we continued our tradition of the Friday Ladies Lunch Ride -

Where Paula had the opportunity, for the first time, to give mom Rosa a ride in her sidecar  :

Jena & Aurora, followed by Paula & Rosa, Avanell, Ana + Barbara in the overflow SUV.

The ladies enjoyed visiting during lunch at the Big Pines Lodge on Big Cypress Bayou:

cleatusj
Posted 10/9/2014 8:02 PM (#80586 - in reply to #77137)

Regular

Lee, I sure wanted to be there but that broken crank had to be taken care of. Your old rig could not of gone to a better new owner. I just know that her smile spreads enough to tickle the little hairs on the back of her neck.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software