Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Riders Wanted -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I can't believe how incredulous I am.
- (Added by: dave)

North Florida Sidecars
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Riders WantedMessage format

Kemosabe
Posted 4/24/2014 9:26 PM (#77442)
Subject: North Florida Sidecars

Checking to see if there are any SC riders in the Jacksonville North Florida area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jango
Posted 6/4/2014 7:40 AM (#78041 - in reply to #77442)
Subject: RE: North Florida Sidecars

I've recently got the bug for a sidecar . Don't have one yet but looking around and trying to educate myself on what rig to buy. Plus I have two other bikes to sell first. As soon as I figure something out I'll touch base if still interested.
Kemosabe
Posted 6/4/2014 7:57 AM (#78042 - in reply to #78041)

There are several models out there, depends on style features you want and the type of bike you want to attachit to. I prefer Liberty as it is the same bucket shape as the early Harleys, '36-'65.
Jango
Posted 6/4/2014 8:15 AM (#78043 - in reply to #78042)

I just looked at the pics of them yup that is the style I'm looking for or something similar. I'd rather find a completed rig and also something that can handle highway speeds. There's a Harley rig in St Augustine but I don't know much about them, but have friends that do. I'm more the British bike enthusiast with two Triumphs in the stable. One needs to go as well as girlfriend's Yamaha to make room for a sidecar bike.
Kemosabe
Posted 6/4/2014 8:32 AM (#78045 - in reply to #78043)

I'm a Harley rider, had a new police '81 FLH w/SC and now on a '06 Softail Heritage. One thing I like about Liberty, he can put them on any Harley, Sportster up. One thing I did not mention is I suggest you change out the triple tree. I rode my new one a couple of weeks to see if the steering was any easier than the '81. It was but not by much so I purchased the triple tree from Liberty and had it installed at Chopper City in Orange Park. Dave installed the car also. The new tree reduced my resistance by almost 50% so I do not have to muscle it around.
Jango
Posted 6/4/2014 9:56 AM (#78047 - in reply to #78045)

I thank you for the good info. As mentioned I am educating myself and these are the things I need to know. The one on Craiglist is an 87 FLHS with a 2000 Harley sidecar. I think I'd prefer something newer and with a fairing. I'll keep looking though
Kemosabe
Posted 6/4/2014 12:56 PM (#78049 - in reply to #78047)

I would stick with the newer model motors, my 88B CI is counter balanced with no vibration. They will run longer w/o overhaul if taken care of properly. HD has come a long way since my ' 80 CI shovel head that pulled the SC.
Jango
Posted 6/4/2014 5:40 PM (#78053 - in reply to #78049)

Most all my friends run Harleys and I'm guessing what you mean is from 2009 when they introduced the 6 speed. Or did they counter balance before that? I'm quite impressed with all the changes they've done on the 2014 Mt Rushmore models. It puts me in a good position since many are trading up even 2013 models for them. But prices are a bit out of my range unless I sold all 3 bikes and I'm not quite ready to be off two wheels yet.
Kemosabe
Posted 6/4/2014 8:33 PM (#78057 - in reply to #77442)
Subject: Re: North Florida Sidecars

The first 88 counter balanced motors were introduced in 1999, they fixed problems and then introduced the 88B. In 2007, the 96B and 6 speed came out. Now the 103 is the thing
Kemosabe
Posted 6/4/2014 8:36 PM (#78058 - in reply to #77442)

The first 88 counter balanced motors were introduced in 1999, they fixed problems and then introduced the 88B. In 2007, the 96B and 6 speed came out. Now the 103 is the thing
Jango
Posted 6/5/2014 9:03 AM (#78072 - in reply to #78057)

I think I'll lean towards HD rig. The question would be whether to build or buy. Are there any disadvantages to HD with HD sidecars and would a triple tree change be required as well?
Kemosabe
Posted 6/5/2014 2:07 PM (#78080 - in reply to #78072)

My '81 police model did not come with a modified triple tree, I checked with Adamec and harley did not come with one nor do they make the part to add on. If you can get one I highy recommend it, they are a bear to steer and corner without, even my new rig was so; after 2 weeks I ordered one from Liberty Motors in Seattle, Washington. It now is a pleasrue to drive
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software