Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Riders Wanted -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: When you are going through Hell...... keep going.
- (Added by: DAVE)

Ship rig to Chile and ride for a month
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Riders WantedMessage format

CCjon
Posted 5/24/2014 10:48 PM (#77855)
Subject: Ship rig to Chile and ride for a month

Extreme Veteran

Hi, Let's go ride in South America.

In 2011 I flipped my BMW GSAdventure in Tierra del Fuego, half way thru a month long trip. I had shipped the bike to Chile, rode Argentina and parts of Chile, but did not complete the ride. So still have lots of places yet to see. The winds in southern Chile/Argentina are fierce, which is what got me in trouble.

After a week in the hospital, sold the bike there and flew home. Now am planning to go back and finish the ride this winter, but on three wheels. Mid-December to Mid-March are their summer months perfect for riding.

Anyone interested in shipping their rig to Chile and ride for a month or so? Since I have already done this once, the procedure is not complicated. We ship our rigs in a sealed container from a US coastal city ( we can pick that later once we know who is going and where they live) then we fly down later to meet the ship, walk our rigs thru customs and ride. When done, we ship the rigs back home. We will want to ship the rigs in November/December. The boats take four to six weeks to arrive, depending on from where you ship and with whom, so we can fly down the first part of January.

If worried about security, Chile is ranked higher than the USA as a safe place to live and work.

Send me an email if you might be interested. Will try to answer your questions.

Ride safe,

Jon aka CCjon

P.S. If you want to share the container and then ride alone, that is okay too. Two wheels or three wheels is fine.

Edited by CCjon 5/24/2014 10:58 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SwampFox
Posted 5/25/2014 7:53 AM (#77857 - in reply to #77855)
Subject: Re: Ship rig to Chile and ride for a month

Expert

Sounds like a great experience, Jon, but, unfortunately, I'm too short on time make such a lengthy excursion.

Hey, Sven: Are you, Thomas & Sophie up for another extended ride - in the other direction?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software