Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? - Seldore
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

EML VIN# Location?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

naysayer
Posted 6/29/2014 4:14 PM (#78524)
Subject: EML VIN# Location?

We have a new to us 1983 R100RS w/EML GT car. (found thanks to this site) Ohio requires that the VIN be inspected by a new vehicle dealer. I believe this rig has a EML chassis due to the numerous not stock tubing/gussets. I can not find the VIN #'s on it, I looked on the steering neck and the right lower frame tube. Do any of you know where EML put the VIN #'s on their BMW rigs. Wife is starting to get frustrated by not being able to take her new rig out. Thanks for the assistance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Al Olme
Posted 6/29/2014 4:52 PM (#78525 - in reply to #78524)
Subject: RE: EML VIN# Location?

Expert

Naysayer,

I've had three EML rigs and I've never found a VIN number on one. That's because it is't a vehicle. It's an accessory not unlike a huge saddlebag that was designed by a committee. Use the VIN on the bike.
naysayer
Posted 6/29/2014 5:03 PM (#78526 - in reply to #78525)
Subject: RE: EML VIN# Location?

Here's the problem. So far I can't find one on the bike chassis. It appears that EML replaced the stock BMW chassis with one of their own, or modified it very extensively. No number plate on the steering neck or VIN #'s stamped into the right side lower frame tube. The 7 digit engine number matches the last 7 of the VIN as it should.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software