|You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )|
|Random quote: Even Duct Tape can't fix STUPID but it can muffle the sound|
- (Added by: hum&strum)
| What makes a good Nat Rally|
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
|View previous thread :: View next thread|
|Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuff||Message format|
1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? = Not a USCA Rally. Have been to other 'events', Sturgis Rally, Daytona Bike Week, Freedom Rally (in Iowa), etc...
2. How many? = Many
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. = No limits.
4. How much will you pay? = Undetermined.
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? = Good Clean "family" type gatherings.
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. = Summer, so I can take my Son with me
Charlotte NC USA
'07 Yamaha Royal Star Venture with California FS II
CSC FS II added May 2013 (my 1st)
Ref: YouTube - "July 25, 2013 ˜ ±2,800 mile round trip w/Sidecar and 2-kids"
2013-07-24 (5).JPG (634KB - 1 downloads)
Location: Southern Tier of New York
3-cost as reasonable as possible, $50-60 sounds good
4-meeting others & putting faces to names, gaining info & insight from others more knowledgeable then me
5-late spring or summer
our biggest problem is that our calendar fills up way in advance, causing us to do a lot of long range planning.
So as much advance notice on the dates and location as possible helps us.
Location: Savannah Ga
|1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? <> not yet, I hope this will be our first of many |
2. How many? <> 0
3. How far will you go to a rally? <> no limit as of yet
4. How much will you pay? <> case by case basis, depends on venders and such but 30.00 to 50.00 sounds about right
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? = Good Clean "family" type gatherings. ( to use Jim's phrase) seeing other rigs and meeting like minded people, and visiting other parts of our great United States
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. <> spring to early summer, but I have camped in 20 deg. weather in the mountains a few times so we are flexible
Location: Crockett Tx
|Hey; Guess what? People are what makes a great rally. Rally host try to have something for every one. Some ,like me, do more visiting with old and new friends. Some like a long group ride. Some like the games,either as entered or watchers. You get the idea. Come and enjoy what ever you like,just come. Host are volunteers and they put in a lot of time trying to suit you. Will and Harold are planning a great rally in some of the most beautiful riding areas around. All the effort is wasted if YOU don't show up. |
Location: Rapid City, SD
|Hi Ace: |
I have to jump in here and thank J.R. for the kind words. I may not get a lot of riding done during the rally because of being rally chair/host but I will enjoy hanging around with J.R. and Avanelle and swapping tall tales. We will have the privilege of sharing the venue with the Black Hills Bluegrass Festival so if you are into Bluegrass Music you are in for a treat. We have a volunteer in charge of rides. We will have guided rides and self guided rides. We are planning to visit Mt. Rushmore ($11 fee). We are close to Devils Tower and The Badlands. These places are all connected with roads through some of the best scenery you can imagine. (Again - I am prejudiced) You can even ride through a buffalo herd if you are brave. Custer State Park ($10 fee) has a wildlife loop that is one our favorite rides both in the tin box and on the rig. Really - if you ride slowly through the herd of buffalo (and have quiet mufflers) the buffalo just ignore you. (During the Sturgis rally they herd moves out of range of the loud Harleys and you don't see them.)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
|1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? YES |
2. How many? Several and I hosted one.
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. If I have the time and money I'd go anywhere.
4. How much will you pay? reasonable. I'd like a family rate i.e. member +1,+2, etc..
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? getting together with fellow enthusiasts, seminars, games
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. Spring, before it gets really hot or humid.
we've had some great rallies and I've gotten to know many members and friends at them. Really, for me and Beckie it's all about the people and the rigs. A clean campground, a good Saturday night meal, and a nightly campfire to sit around and swap stories makes a good rally.
Location: Lakeville, Minnesota
|1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? 2015 Monumental Rally |
2. How many? 1 USCA, A few BMW and a few ST-Owners Club
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. 1200
4. How much will you pay? up to $50-75.00
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? Meeting people, seeing rigs/rides, touring , camping.
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc.
Location: jax fl
|I would add couple more #1 what kind of support can you get from national &local # will the people who comimit to run etc show up or get drunk|
Location: jax fl
|I have attened 4 &got married @ the 07 N/C this yr I drove almost 12k miles getting but was doing my bucket list & @ this time I am planning on being in Denver for 2016.any rally is about seeing your friends &making new ones . I guess I like to ride the location as much as possible . the ride to rusmore this yr had a reverse angle road that was a almost stand on the peg to keep from tipping over what fun .so every rally the people who get together spend a lot of time finding these kind of site for us to experience .ps florida will still have get to gether 3rd wkn1d march stay posted for up dates NEW location .NEW name Same time SAME HOBO STEW see you in march|
|Arriving late to the party, just saw this thread today. |
1. Have you been to a Nat Rally? Yes, but avoid Harley type rallies like a plague even if its free and ten miles away.
2. How many? 1 USCA, 3 BMW, several regional rallies
3. How far will you go to a rally? Number of miles. 1500 miles
4. How much will you pay? 40 - 70, depends on value offered. Don't need more t-shorts but a learning experience is priceless
5. What is the biggest thing about a rally for you? The people, Education, Want to see other rigs, but more important want to know what went into building it. What was the thought process behind each decision. What was the end objective for the rig build? A rig build can be modifications to a Ural so it fits the user's purpose. Or a complete ground up build.
6. When is the best time for you? Spring, summer, etc. From Spring to Fall. Anytime that doesn't conflict with family gatherings. Family comes first.
Richard, Thanks for starting this thread.
Location: Now D-Bäk else San Isidro de Heredia, Costa Rica
|In Costa Rica I can add up now 3 rigs...time to organize a gathering. |
To go to the North again would be too much of border hassle...Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Desalmador (Desoaler, new word creation for El Salvador), Honduras, Guatepeor (worse then Guatemala), Mexico, USA... a few border delays too much.
I would love to participate after 28 years again in a rig gathering.
Edited by Peter Pan 11/22/2015 10:02 PM
Location: Durham, Connecticut
|This was a good thread--thought it would be good to refresh our data. |
I have created basically the same questions as originally posted here, in an online survey format: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/687QXHF
I will compile the results and post them in the forum for all to see.
|Jump to page : 1 2 |
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
|Search this forum|
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread