Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining. – Teddy Roosevelt
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

SOLD = = =Attach Velorex to Shadow??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Jake
Posted 11/26/2014 2:43 PM (#81320)
Subject: SOLD = = =Attach Velorex to Shadow??

SOLD-GONE.Ride a 2007 Honda Sabre 1100

Edited by Jake 11/30/2014 7:48 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jaydmc
Posted 11/26/2014 4:49 PM (#81324 - in reply to #81320)
Subject: Re: Attach Velorex to Shadow??

Expert

We do make a bike specific mounting kit for this bike however the Velorex is a bit on the light side for a bike of this side. For our mounts we make a small sub frame for the lower rear that clamps to the frame under the muffler and crosses over to the other side of the bike. This moves the rear lower almost in line with the front of the back wheel. The upper front picks up both of the bolts used to split the frame and moves the mount to near the top of the radiator. The lower front mount picks up two of the bolts that hold your foot peg assembly on and the upper rear mount picks up a bolt for your passenger foot peg and also tucks under and is held in by the upper shock mount. This moves all 4 mounts as far apart as practical and puts the lower mounts equal distance from the ground which by doing this when you change your lean out you do not change your toe settings as you would if one of the mounts were higher then the other.
At this link you will see the changes we make to the Velorex frame to make the lower front mount adjustable and the lower rear mounts stronger not likely to move like the standard clamp does. http://www.dmcsidecars.com/the-result-of-improper-sidecar-mounting-...
I have attached photo's of what our mounts look like on the bike. You will see that they move the 4 mounting points quite a bit apart from each other making for strong triangulation and as such a ridged firm mount that will hold an alignment and make it so that you should be able to do with out a steering damper. Dampers are often but not always used to cover up a poor installation and or alignment.
The Velorex lower front mount from the sidecar does not have enough adjustment to get the wheel lead correct and as such will need to be modified. I only see one area on the frame of this bike were a Velorex "universal" type frame clamps might work, that is the upper rear. I see no place where the lowers could attach with out having them hanging down trying to resist rotation which they tend to slip when used in this manor.

Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

(DCP05387.JPG)

(102_7666.JPG)

(102_7676.JPG)

(DCP05383.JPG)

(102_7680.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DCP05387.JPG (347KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 102_7666.JPG (1317KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 102_7676.JPG (1759KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments DCP05383.JPG (353KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 102_7680.JPG (864KB - 2 downloads)
Jake
Posted 11/28/2014 5:50 PM (#81343 - in reply to #81320)

Thank you Jay. Now, can you please tell me what you charge for this mounting, all charges and fees, no modification to the triple tree. Also please advise the time you can commit from start to finish? Thank you.
RichardMc4
Posted 11/28/2014 8:37 PM (#81347 - in reply to #81320)

Elite Veteran

This is the way mine was set up.

http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=2...
Jake
Posted 11/30/2014 2:22 PM (#81370 - in reply to #81347)

Richard. Thanks for the note. Appears I'll have to modify the bike to take the car, and not sure I'm willing to do that. And waiting for the local sidecar builder to advise cost and timing to do what he says I need. Time will tell. Thanks again. Jake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software