Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: quote on athiest monument all dressed up and nowhere to go
- (Added by: mike s)

AMCA Ride to work day
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

hdrghack
Posted 11/24/2004 11:15 AM (#5425)
Subject: AMCA Ride to work day

Expert

Recieved my Antique Motorcycle Magazine today the last few years they have had a article with photos on the members that rode their antique bikes to work. This got me to thinking that maybe we should be doing the same. In the magazine this year there was a 1941EL with sidecar,1947 Indian Chief with sidecar,1951 Servicar,Harley Knuckle Head with Goulding sidecar,1967 BMW R60/2 with a 1950 Bender sidecar,1954 Servicar. The photo must be taken by a sign from the company that you work for and they include the miles ridden,weather that day and the region that they are from. This is always held on the 3rd Wednesday of July. As for me it rained on my ride to work the last two years in a row but then again I ride almost everyday rain or shine hot or cold. Hey Steve W. what do you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
blueflu
Posted 11/24/2004 12:56 PM (#5427 - in reply to #5425)
Subject: RE: AMCA Ride to work day

I think that is a good way to show all of those cage drivers that we are out in force!! They should do that like once in the summer and again when it gets cold to show that some of us ride in all kinds of weather.
stevewoo
Posted 11/24/2004 2:13 PM (#5428 - in reply to #5425)

Elite Veteran

I think it's a great idea, Chuck. And we have plenty of lead time to organize - always a plus.
Dr. Raoul Duke
Posted 11/29/2004 9:40 AM (#5479 - in reply to #5428)

Regular

You can count me in too fellas if you need a push in the Midwest. I ride 15 miles to the train station pretty much every day. Get some interesting looks this time of year. Think we need to pick a "sidecar specific" fall date.

Cheers,

Dr. Raoul Duke
AKA Jim Kelleher
Illinois State Rep.
SidecarMike
Posted 11/30/2004 6:37 PM (#5486 - in reply to #5425)

Expert

Personally, I think we should push for the third Wednesday of every month! My employer has a beautiful concrete pad reserved for motorcycles. Maybe 30 or 40 of them would fit. The busiest day since I started working there, we had three motorcycles. This is the first time since I took the job that I drove my truck two consecutive days, but it was 13 degrees when I left home this morning. If it's above 20 degrees I'll ride tomorrow.
It frustrates me when people come up and brag about their motorcycles but never ride them. I have a neighbor who doesn't seem to own an article of clothing that doesn't say Harley Davidson. He recently bragged that he already has 12,000 miles on the motorcycle he's owned for 8 years. I'd be embarassed. I couldn't justify the expense of owning a bike if I didn't put at least ten or twelve thousand miles per year on it.
sidecarLenny
Posted 11/30/2004 8:25 PM (#5489 - in reply to #5425)

Veteran

I have had wednesdays off for over 20 years so Iam out on the ride to work date!!!
I like the ideas the blueflu/Jim have about sidecar specific days to ride.
It would be interesting to see how many photos we could get with winter
riders with snow in the scenery.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software