Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Wow, I am older now then I have ever been.
- (Added by: Bulldog)

comunications between ride and sidecar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

warrenF
Posted 1/9/2015 12:09 AM (#82065)
Subject: comunications between ride and sidecar

I was riding a Harley Ultra Classic with a California sidecar worked out great my wife and I have been riding every chance we get and love it. Never thought a sidecar would be part of our life. Well we used the Harley head set and it worked we could feed the cord through the side curtain and she would ride with headset on. We moved to more room for the Misses and a Goldwing 1800. I would like to be able to have all the bike has to offer for my headset but since the Hannigan sidecar is a hard top, it would be neat if she could have a speaker and mic and not be attached to a cord. Does any one make something like this that would plug into the rear com port on the Honda that I could route into the sidecar. Thanks warren
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Marine By Choice
Posted 1/9/2015 2:05 AM (#82066 - in reply to #82065)
Subject: RE: comunications between ride and sidecar

You might want to check with J&M. If any company can do it they would can!
NavMode
Posted 1/9/2015 8:36 AM (#82067 - in reply to #82066)
Subject: Re: comunications between ride and sidecar

Even with a hard top have you thought wireless. We use the Sena Bluetooth. Can't say enough about them. They are a Great product. http://www.sena.com/
Lloyd
Posted 1/9/2015 1:23 PM (#82070 - in reply to #82065)

Veteran

I agree with the above, a Bluetooth setup would be great, and J&M may have what you are looking for. If you do decide to go corded, J&M does sell a sidecar helmet headset cord that plugs in under the 1800 seat and "Ts" into the rear headset cord on the Wing. You can run the cord down the rear upper mount and along the sidecar frame and into the car under the bottom edge of the vent, no need to drill any holes in the body. I had the setup on my 1800/Hannigan rig and it worked well with the helmet headsets. Good luck with it.
WinginCamera
Posted 1/11/2015 3:40 PM (#82091 - in reply to #82065)

Veteran

I have an 1800 rig and the sidecar uses the J&M corded setup. J&M make a extra long cord for sidecar setup. I have never tried bluetooth because of concerns on how long the batteries would last when traveling all day.
NavMode
Posted 1/11/2015 6:34 PM (#82096 - in reply to #82065)
Subject: RE: comunications between ride and sidecar

I can get 8hrs on the Sena with no problem. Long ride from Cedar Rapids, IA to KC we still had blue light (battery) when we pulled into the hotel.
jwshort
Posted 1/11/2015 7:34 PM (#82098 - in reply to #82065)

Elite Veteran

We had an Autocom but my wife didn't like the cables. We bought a pair of Scala Riders from Cardo. The Bluetooth works well to the point that we have used it to communicate between the pickup trailing the rig a quarter to half mile. We are happy with the battery life and the sound quality. The newer versions can be used to communicate between bike that share the same model. Ours won't do that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software