Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuff -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: People who don't smile at sidecar rigs, don't smile much.
- (Added by: ditch)

Calendar Sales?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuffMessage format

michaelh
Posted 12/29/2015 1:36 PM (#87315)
Subject: Calendar Sales?

Our local Rotary Club chapter produces an annual calendar with pretty pictures of American Samoa as a fund raiser (which does quite well)

I, for one, would jump on buying a calendar (or three) with 'eye candy' sidecar photo's. I refuse to wear any identifying marks, patches, or badges, but it'd be nice to be able look up at what I'd rather be doing when I'm at the salt mines.

Too late for this year, but maybe next year?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Loon
Posted 12/30/2015 11:48 PM (#87340 - in reply to #87315)
Subject: Re: Calendar Sales?

not sure who could take the lead on pulling this all together, but sounds like a good idea if we could keep them affordable.
michaelh
Posted 1/1/2016 2:44 PM (#87373 - in reply to #87315)

USCA already must have a deal with a printer/mailer, a 'trial balloon' could be done up from old 'Sidecarist' cover photos, with the calendar added.

At Rotary, they have December a little longer than the other months, and businesses can have their banner added (for an extra cost), for the business to buy and distribute to vendors, favoured clients, etc.

Make the print run dependant on pre-orders, a check box on membership renewal for an extra $X dollars to be automatically added to the list to get a copy or more) mailed when they become available (November?).

BTW, I'm NOT a Rotarian, too scruffy even by our local (low) standards! But we do buy a handful of their calendars for gifts....
NCGLSidecarist
Posted 9/8/2017 11:39 AM (#95010 - in reply to #87315)

I think the calendar is a great idea! My wife has ours made each yr. at Walmart. She uses pics from our rides for the previous year. Great fun memories to savor all yr. Cool way to keep good times in front of us!
J.R.
Posted 9/18/2017 9:45 AM (#95115 - in reply to #95010)

Sounds like you just volunteered your wife to do a trial run. Thanks
J.R.
USCA Sec.
Rex, Rep.
NCGLSidecarist
Posted 9/19/2017 3:12 AM (#95132 - in reply to #87315)

Thanks, that would seem like a good idea except we know how involved it is and aren't ready for that type of an adventure this year. Right now we will settle for 1 edition. However, anyone can have their own made up! That way it's personal! Enjoy and ride safe!
4 Paws
Posted 9/30/2017 8:54 AM (#95238 - in reply to #87315)

Is there photo thread where we can post our sidecar photos and have them available to use in a calendar? Public domain rather than copyrighted or watermarked.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software