Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I've learned so much from the mistakes I've made that I'm thinking about making a few more.
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Advise needed on getting a large dog to ride in a sidecar
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

redsimp
Posted 7/20/2016 7:07 AM (#89976 - in reply to #87952)
Subject: Re: Advise needed on getting a large dog to ride in a sidecar

This is one of the reasons I want to get a side car, so I've been following this thread with some interest. Some very good tips. My 2 yr. old yellow lab is just too big to fit in a passenger seat carrier on my Venture. I found the book mentioned in an earlier post - Dogs Ride ~ on Amazon (where you can find everything) -

https://www.amazon.com/Dogs-Ride-Motorcycle-Sidecar-Riding/dp/150238...

Once I get a rig - this will be purchased right after the harness. Thanks for the good advice here.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
NCGLSidecarist
Posted 7/20/2016 10:10 AM (#89981 - in reply to #87453)
Subject: Re: Advise needed on getting a large dog to ride in a sidecar

Veteran

The book has a lot of great tips, suggestions and practical "how tos". We found going easy at 1st, with lots of praise is really important. Nothing bad should happen in the sidecar! Especially early on. The 1st trips were for ice cream so she associated sidecar trips and "good stuff"! I also make sure to tell her how good she is doing at every opportunity even while we're riding down the superslabs! The only correction I make with Daisy is if she tries to take the Doggles off while the sidecar is in motion. That's a simple "unt a" repeated several times. I try to lower them as soon as possible after we stop for any length of time. The harness we use is a Kong and it seems to work very well. They are available at Pet Smart locally. I just ordered a top for the sidecar from Hannigan more to protect her from rain and hot sun. Be ready for longer gas stops due to picture takers and curious people! Daisy loves the attention! Good luck with your new venture it's worth every minute you invest in it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software