Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never assume a Dog cant catch you !
- (Added by: SIDECARSRULE)

MS Rally/Show
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

MrMike
Posted 3/19/2016 10:03 PM (#88324 - in reply to #87781)
Subject: RE: MS Rally/Show

Veteran

Update

Spent half a day at the rally site. Roundup moved to large, open, flat, grassy field adjacent to Harley dealership. Walked it today. Much better ground with lots of open space for spectators. For the show judging all rigs to be lined up in nice grassy area leading to store. Great visibility from a major four lane about a half mile off Interstate 10. Hauled the raffle loot I had on hand to the shop. Well over $500 in merchandise. Have more promised.

Spent rest of day between Billoxi and Mobile, AL. Contacted 8 dealers. One gave helmit and dew rag. Two have merchandise to be picked up next week. Harley Owner Groups in La, MS and AL to have folks at rally. Now if I can get a couple of sidecars (besides my two) here we just might have us a show.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kjunglide
Posted 3/19/2016 11:40 PM (#88330 - in reply to #87781)

we plan to be there, just have to get flood cleanup done.
Looking forward to seeing more sidecarist from the area.
I have been spreading the word about the meet to everyone I see.
MrMike
Posted 3/20/2016 8:58 PM (#88340 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

kjunglide

As they say in the Army: HOOAH!

Hope your weren't hurt too bad by the flooding. Baby Girl and I had planned to spend a couple of days next week camping at Grand Isle. May not be such a great idea.
Looking forward to meeting you also. Let's try to get some networking going here. Would be great to visit with others close enough for a one day run.
Thanks much for spreading the word. If we all keep trying, this might be a really good event that could evolve into something even better.

Later
Mike in MS
jmunsey
Posted 3/22/2016 12:29 PM (#88369 - in reply to #87781)

I hate to show my ignorance...but what exactly is meant by the sidecar "monkey"? What is the "monkey" supposed to be?
DirtyDR
Posted 3/22/2016 2:48 PM (#88375 - in reply to #88369)

Veteran

jmunsey - 3/22/2016 10:29 AM

I hate to show my ignorance...but what exactly is meant by the sidecar "monkey"? What is the "monkey" supposed to be?

http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/17811/
MrMike
Posted 3/22/2016 9:33 PM (#88388 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

jmunsey

I apologize. I was attempting to interject some humor into the discussion and did not intend to have fun at anyone else's expense. "Monkey" to my understanding is a slang term used to refer to the passenger in a sidecar. I do not know where the term originated but have heard and seen it in writing many times when communicating with other sidecar enthusiasts. I do not think there is any negative connotation connected to the term. I sometimes refer to my 14 year old daughter as my monkey.

Dana

Your attachment was very enlightening. Here, I must admit I was ignorant of many of the details in the article. Thanks.

Mike in MS
MrMike
Posted 3/22/2016 9:38 PM (#88389 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

jmunsey

I apologize. I was attempting to interject some humor into the discussion and did not intend to have fun at anyone else's expense. "Monkey" to my understanding is a slang term used to refer to the passenger in a sidecar. I do not know where the term originated but have heard and seen it in writing many times when communicating with other sidecar enthusiasts. I do not think there is any negative connotation connected to the term. I sometimes refer to my 14 year old daughter as my monkey.

Dana

Your attachment was very enlightening. Here, I must admit I was ignorant of many of the details in the article. Thanks.

Mike in MS
MrMike
Posted 3/24/2016 10:42 PM (#88430 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

Picked up items for the raffle from two more dealers today. At retail prices, this puts us at just over $1,000 in merchandise to be raffled off at the rally. If we could raise that much for the children's hospitals it would be great. Hope to get a lot of positive exposure from the event. Might even recruit a couple of new members. By the way, Will - I got the box of "Sidecarist" magazines and will have a table set up at the rally with mags, trifolds, etc. Unfortunately, don't think I will be able to man the table full time. Suspect there is going to be a lot of last minute coordination to be done.

Got my Yamaha/Velorex realigned nicely and it will be there. Cruised it at 65 today with no problems. Pushing hard to get the Enfield fender painted and the car pinstriped to match the bike by then. Think we just might have us a show......

Mike in MS

jwshort
Posted 3/25/2016 12:25 PM (#88432 - in reply to #87781)
Subject: Re: MS Rally/Show

Elite Veteran

Great!! I am glad that you have the Sidecarists to hand out. Don't worry about "manning" the table. You might find a volunteer to handle that for you. I am excited to see how things are coming together for you.

Will
kjunglide
Posted 3/30/2016 3:05 PM (#88496 - in reply to #87781)

looks like we are a go to be there Saturday...looking forward to a "local" sidecar get together.... hope you have a good turn out
Kilometers
Posted 3/30/2016 8:45 PM (#88501 - in reply to #87781)

Regular

Mike....not sure if the Ural throttle body mods will be done in time for me to ride it down so as of now I am beginning to think I will be riding in on two wheels. I hope that is ok....a good excuse for a 7.5 hour ride for me either way and I can still help out Saturday if I don't drown in the rain expected Friday night. Looking forward to meeting you.
MrMike
Posted 3/30/2016 9:04 PM (#88503 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

Come on down! Need all the help I can get.
Kilometers
Posted 4/1/2016 7:52 PM (#88534 - in reply to #87781)

Regular

Mike, I am sorry, I had to make a weather decision given the storms moving through Alabama and Mississippi today and after last night I just was not up for long hours of riding in the rain. I am but going to make it down.
MrMike
Posted 4/1/2016 10:35 PM (#88537 - in reply to #87781)

Veteran

Understand. Got soaked unloading the rigs this PM. Hope to meet you later. Hope locals will show up. ??
kjunglide
Posted 4/3/2016 11:22 PM (#88569 - in reply to #87781)

Thanks mike for putting on this rally....my wife, brother and his girlfriend had a great time.....I was surprised to see as many sidecar rigs there, since I have only seen 2 other rigs in my area in the last few years,,,,the support from the Harley shop was great
....we really enjoyed the roadkill roundup and thanks to your wife for helping me out....hope you did well for your charity.......looking forward to the natchez trace ride, let me know what I can do to help
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software