Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The first time I do something correctly, it's a miracle. After that, it's Standard Operating Procedure.
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Motorcycle/Trike shipping/transport
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

yellowsidecar
Posted 4/20/2016 2:19 PM (#88761)
Subject: Motorcycle/Trike shipping/transport

New User

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and searched for a thread on "shipping" or "transport" and could not find one.

Does anyone know if a thread exists?  I'm moving from New England to Seattle.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Top of the page Bottom of the page
davet
Posted 4/21/2016 10:02 AM (#88771 - in reply to #88761)
Subject: Re: Motorcycle/Trike shipping/transport

Veteran

There is a thread titled "Transport" on the third page of the General Discussion section.
jaydmc
Posted 4/21/2016 11:20 AM (#88779 - in reply to #88761)

Expert

We often use Haul bike 888haulbikes while they have never gotten a bike to us on time, they also have never damaged a bike and they will haul sidecar bikes.
BTW, we are in the Seattle area.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
www.dmcsidecars.com
DRONE
Posted 4/21/2016 12:47 PM (#88780 - in reply to #88761)

Veteran

I've used Haulbikes three times in the last 10 years. Excellent, as long as you are not in a hurry. They pick up your bike the next time their truck is in your area and take it to their central warehouse. Then they put it on another truck when they have one going in that direction. Email and voice communication is good, they only haul motorcycles so they talk "our" language, and you don't have to drain the gas tank, disconnect the battery, remove the mirrors, or any of that other rigamarole the other shippers make you do. Also, they bring it right to your door as long as the street is big enough for their truck.  Here's my 2007 Norge arriving a few years ago--

bluehdmc
Posted 4/21/2016 10:34 PM (#88786 - in reply to #88761)

Regular

You can try Uship.com, it kind of depends on the time frame. Sturgis is the end of July, so there should be a few trucks heading that way. I used a guy years ago picked up my rig in South Carolina and brought it to NJ , D&K transportation http://snowmobilebarn.com/d-k-service/ there's quite a few others, I found D&K on motorcycle trader.com when I bought the rig. U ship will get you a few offers the good ones should have good feedback and will tell you what kind of care they'll take.
rodder
Posted 5/2/2016 7:23 PM (#88948 - in reply to #88761)

just call around, lots of shippers on line. tried Uship but contrary to belief prices are not the best, after many inquires in one day national auto shippers called back with the best price from S Carolina to Pa, contract said subcontractors can be used. my side car was shipped by a subcontractor in a smaller enclosed car carrier along with a newer land rover, it was strapped down. another bike rode in the superduty ford's box. my contract said open but with the tonneau cover on it mattered not. the low trailer + pickup delivered at my garage door!!! like noted above if not in a hurry getting a haul on the way of other deliveries reduces cost

Edited by rodder 5/2/2016 7:25 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software