Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !"
- (Added by: dave)

Sidecar Mounting
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Posted 1/24/2005 10:20 AM (#5994)
Subject: Sidecar Mounting

I have a 1965 BMW r50 and a 1951 Steib 500 sidecar. When I bought the rig everything was attached. After refinishing the bike and the chair I am having trouble getting the two back together properly. When I thought I had it put together I really did not. The bike leans to the left and the rear tire isn't square to the road. I should add that the rig came with a 19" wheel on the sidecar that I replaced with an 18" wheel to match the bike.
What I am looking for is a manual or just some pratical instruction for solving this problem.
Thank you for your attention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 1/24/2005 2:17 PM (#5995 - in reply to #5994)
Subject: RE: Sidecar Mounting

Expert

Tech information is available on this site with Hal Kendall's book downloads or from the Sidecar Industry Council website. Other sources are available but these two sources are pretty comprehensive for starters.

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
RedMenace
Posted 1/24/2005 8:05 PM (#6000 - in reply to #5995)

The BMW instruction manual for the /2 has a section on mounting and setting up the sidecar. It should get you there. Assuming your hack is on the right, the bike should lean a little to the left. Look in the book. You can get a copy of the BMW manual from most Vintage BMW shops and probably from Whitehorse Press or Hoskings(if they are still around).
claude #3563
Posted 1/25/2005 8:48 AM (#6003 - in reply to #6000)

Expert

Another good place to ask your question woul dbe at this site. It is a Yahoo Group that is dedicated to Steib sidecars.
Note that if you have not done so already , you will have to get a Yahoo name and password. Easy to do and free.
Hope this helps.
CLICK HERE: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Steib/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software