Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. Mark Twain
- (Added by: Texan)

Camber control and electric control
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

djcondie
Posted 5/9/2016 2:30 PM (#89042)
Subject: Camber control and electric control

New User

I am just getting into sidecars and need to learn a lot ai think. I haven't bought a sidecar rig yet and I have a question. I have seen a lot of ads listing camber control or electric leen as an option. What is the function of this option and is that something that I really want or need on my rig? Thanks, Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RichardMc4
Posted 5/9/2016 3:41 PM (#89044 - in reply to #89042)
Subject: Re: Camber control and electric control

Elite Veteran

It changes the lean out of the bike. I had one on my 1st rig and it was nice. I use it when the angle of the road changed and that happens a lot in FL. Or when the load in the sidecar changed. I just hit a switch on the handle bars till I was running without pull one way or the other.
jaydmc
Posted 5/9/2016 4:01 PM (#89045 - in reply to #89042)

Expert

We call it electric trim, What it does is at the touch of a switch while riding it raises or lowers the sidecars suspension in order to trim pull one way or the other out. So if you have set your bike up not to pull with a passenger, add a passenger and their weight is going to compress the suspension some which in turn will lean the bike to the right which in turn causes a pull to the right. Or as rigs are not aerodynamically symmetrical if it does not have a pull at 40 MPH, it will at 80 MPH. Or changing the road crown or even pulling a long hill like a mountain pass it can be nice. You can also trim into a cross wind which is really nice if are battling a cross wind for hours.
Electric trim is nice to have, is it a must, no. If you are just doing short trips it may not be worth the money however if you are on a long trip you may find that you are less fatigued at the end of the day if the rig has been in trim all day.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
djcondie
Posted 5/9/2016 5:48 PM (#89048 - in reply to #89042)

New User

Thank you for your responses that is very helpful. Dave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software