Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you want to get a degree without getting an education; get a degree in education. R.A. Heinlien
- (Added by: pssstpok)

USCA website needs an email address change capability
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

alanbaumbach
Posted 5/28/2016 9:51 PM (#89290)
Subject: USCA website needs an email address change capability

Hi Everyone,

Recently I emailed Bill Gilmore, Al Olme and Wil and Jean Short to let them know that my email address had changed from alanb@eazy.net to alanbaumbach@gmail.com . I did this becasue I did not find a way to on the website to make a change to my email address. Am I missing something or is this functionality something that should be added to the website?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tinboatcapt
Posted 5/28/2016 10:00 PM (#89291 - in reply to #89290)
Subject: Re: USCA website needs an email address change capability

Veteran

Your question prompted me to look. I found the field when I clicked on "my Settings" and found the email field the forth one down below my name. It isn't a big field. It's just next to the check box to opt out of email notifications.
Al Olme
Posted 5/29/2016 12:25 AM (#89293 - in reply to #89290)
Subject: RE: USCA website needs an email address change capability

Expert

Alan,

You aren't alone. Most folks don't ever explore the site to see what other features they can use. The "My Settings" screen has a lot of options. You can change your own email address, reset your password, create a signature to appear under all your emails, you can even set a web page that you will be automatically sent to after your log out of Sidecar.com. That one's tricky though because you need to actually log off, not just close the page.

All that said, you need to know that changing your email here WON'T CHANGE THE EMAIL ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE USCA. If you are a USCA member and want to change your email or your mailing address, you must send an email to membership@sidecar.com. That goes the the membership registrar and that way your record will be changed. At the moment, there is no direct link between the web page and our membership rolls.

Remember that while our club has grown to over 1,000 members, there are 10,618 registered users at Sidecar.com and at least three times that many non-registered users. Just an FYI, there are over 70,000 individual posts here and we average around 15,000 log-ons each month. Being a user at Sidecar.com doesn't make you a member of the USCA. That will become more important in the next few months as we overhaul the website. The USCA provides Sidecar.com as a service to folks interested in sidecars in the hope that it will bring more folks into the sport, provide a good place to exchange information and contribute to sidecar safety.

Jim P., thanks for the help, maybe you'd like to be a moderator?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software