Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never assume a Dog cant catch you !
- (Added by: SIDECARSRULE)

Sidecar Updates
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

ncdave
Posted 8/30/2016 4:35 PM (#90574)
Subject: Sidecar Updates

I got some updates welded up on my sidecar frame. it's an Inder-type sidecar, but the frame was built to stronger standards. the shortcoming with it was the universal mount which might have worked for a smaller bike, but with my Nomad as a tug...no way. I got a pinch tube and a couple 2x2 square tube steel braces to mount under the frame. I also welded on a new spindle and am using a 4 bolt pattern trailer hub for a better tire option. I got a 70* rigid mount for the rear mount too. Now that it's all back together, the rig feels much better. it seems more stable and planted in right turns and left turns are feeling fine too. side note...while I had the tub apart, I also removed my front end and replaced bearings. my brake rotor is not dragging hard on left turns now!

Next step is a leading link front end. if anyone knows of someone that can provide a kit or components, let me know! I have a local expert to help me with fine details for axle and brakes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CCjon
Posted 9/12/2016 7:16 AM (#90726 - in reply to #90574)
Subject: Re: Sidecar Updates

Extreme Veteran

Dave, sounds like you are getting it together, congrats. Post up a few photos when you get a chance.

CCjon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software