Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: When asked how many people work at my office, I reply "about half"
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Married
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Red Ryder
Posted 9/4/2016 2:17 PM (#90635)
Subject: Married

Well, I Married Harley to Sidecar Sally. No pictures yet. Have yet to install wirering, brake line, and electric lean. Ride Results: At 40-50 mpr letting go of handles bars it goes straight. Pressing Brakes it goes left. Giving Gas it goes right. At 20-30 MPR, shakes a lot. After riding a bike for many years, it is a whole lot different riding with a sidecar. I am sure some of you will laugh, but other than riding dirt bikes, I've never used my arms so much when riding. Later-
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 9/4/2016 5:30 PM (#90638 - in reply to #90635)
Subject: Re: Married

Expert

Sidecar rigs are safest when driven hands on. Just a small can start a tank slapper.
You have an asymmetrical vehicle. On acceleration the slave wheel will lag and pull right, on deceleration it will push left. That is normal.
Try jacking up the front wheel and tightening the neck bearings a bit so the front end doesn't just flop from left to right. That usually gets rid of most, if not all of the nose wiggle.
Trail mods make steering a lot easier.

Lonnie
NWSC
Red Ryder
Posted 9/4/2016 9:50 PM (#90643 - in reply to #90635)
Subject: Re: Married

Thank You Lonnie, will tighten the neck bearings. Only let the handle bars free from hands for seconds, was long enough. Went on a 50 mile ride, what a arms & shoulder workout. Will diffently take some getting used to. Later-
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software