Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Other Events and Rallys -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Only bikers understand why dogs like sticking their head out of the car window
- (Added by: senorcosta)

BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI
Moderators: dave

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Other Events and RallysMessage format

Al Olme
Posted 10/27/2016 2:29 PM (#91239)
Subject: BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI

Expert

Get out your calendars and pencil in July 6-9. The BMW RA is holding their national rally in Petoskey, MI at the Emmet County Fairgrounds. This is a very nice facility and the RA folks are very sidecar friendly. We can have a "stealth sidecar rally" within the RA rally. More info will soon be available and I'll post a link. This is a perfect alternative to the national if you simply can't make it to Corning...even better come to both!

The BMW RA is the smaller of the two national BMW clubs. Their rally is also smaller and much more friendly than the BMW MOA rally. I've gone for several years now and the crowd is very friendly while the rally has more activity and lots of vendors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
85shadow
Posted 2/1/2017 8:48 PM (#92250 - in reply to #91239)
Subject: Re: BMW RA Rally in Petoskey, MI

Al will you be goning? Might talk Old school in to riding up with me.
Al Olme
Posted 2/1/2017 9:59 PM (#92251 - in reply to #92250)

Expert

Yep, TLMaryann and I are going. In fact, I'm the vendor chair for the event. There will be lots of vendors and probably a few hundred attendees. Dave and Greg Skudlarek are also coming. I've scouted the grounds and there's lots of nice camping and a lot of it has electricity if you need it. The motels in town are plentiful but this is a big tourist area and motels are on the expensive side in the summer high season.

Riding in the area is really nice, especially Hwy 119, "The Tunnel of Trees" north out of Petoskey along the lake shore up to Cross Village. It's about 30 miles and a little over an hour one way. That's if you don't stop off at Pond Hill Farm/Harbor Springs Winery for an incredible grilled cheese and a cool beverage.

I'd love to see lot of sidecars show up.
Lloyd
Posted 2/3/2017 11:54 PM (#92268 - in reply to #91239)

Veteran

When you ride up The Tunnel of Trees road to Cross Village, don't miss stopping at Legs Inn, for great food and extreme beauty. Just look for the stone and carved log building. Well worth a stop.
Al Olme
Posted 2/4/2017 1:05 AM (#92269 - in reply to #92268)

Expert

Legg's Inn was closed for the season but they will be open during the rally in July!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software