Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuff -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Its not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Sidecar mounting
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> discuss USCA stuffMessage format

ID Rep
Posted 11/9/2016 3:09 AM (#91376)
Subject: Sidecar mounting

People in this area are starting to become more interested in sidecars. In the past 2 weeks , I have had two different individuals call and request information on how to set a rig up correctly. My partner, Dave Irvine and I have 5 sidecar rigs between us, and we are well known around here. So whenever questions about sidecars come up at the local bike shops in the area, the owners always give them our names and number. The two individuals had different kinds of sidecars. One was a Harley sidecar that was going on a Harley, and the other was a small sidecar that will be mounted on a 550 Suzuki. We have a similar rig, so the man came to our house and took numerous pictures of our rigs and their mounting brackets. He came from Cheney ,WA to Rathdrum , ID where we live. It is about a 60 mile trip one way, so I know he is serious about setting up his rig. The Harley rider bought a Harley rig from Florida and really got stung on the deal. It cost him $1200 to have it shipped up to Washington, and when it got there, the bike was in bad shape. Smokes like a diesel, and several other problems. He is mounting the sidecar on his own Harley that is in pristine condition. I am really glad that people are starting to look in to getting a sidecar for their bikes. The more rigs , the merrier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Al Olme
Posted 11/9/2016 11:57 AM (#91378 - in reply to #91376)
Subject: Re: Sidecar mounting

When you meet folks who are interested in sidecars you might do them a favor by giving them a USCA membership flyer. If you don't have any flyers, send an email to president@sidecar.com and ask for some. They're free, of course. More members will help us keep our dues low and our magazine healthy.
Al Olme
Posted 11/9/2016 4:05 PM (#91380 - in reply to #91376)

ncdave - 11/9/2016 1:27 PM

while I didn't have a flier, I DID tell him about the site and wealth of info here. not to mention great people!

And that's a great thing, we want folks to use the site but we have to keep the lights on and membership pays for that. That said, there's NO plan to make this a pay site. It started out free and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way so long as enough people become members of the USCA. Members also get a nifty magazine every other month as well as a discount on USCA rallies.

NTITOI... The USCA National Sidecar Rally is planned for July 27-30, just outside of Corning N.Y. in the Finger Lakes Region. Camping [or moteling], games, rides and seminars as well as basic sidecar instruction classes... it should be a great time in a great place!
Reardan Tom
Posted 11/9/2016 4:10 PM (#91381 - in reply to #91376)

I pass out flyers and as long as I have them, copies of the Sidecarist. And promote the USCA and advise people of the forum and web site including downloads.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software