Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: dont tease the crazy people we are medicated for your protection (choprbob)
- (Added by: choprbob)

C10 with Sidecar???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

ncdave
Posted 1/27/2017 3:43 PM (#92167)
Subject: C10 with Sidecar???

I posted this on the Adv forum in the hack section. I thought I'd post it here as well to see if I could get any further information.

...here's the history....

I have my Nomad set up with a sidecar. it's a cheap one, but it's fine for initial trial/error. I decided I wanted to improve the steering. The easier approach is to get a replacement triple tree, but I really like the looks of a LL setup on a sidecar rig.

After some research, I found that a 1200 Honda Goldwing has the same 41mm tubes that my Nomad has. I found a used LL front end from a GW and figured I could cut and modify to fit what I needed. This is because I'm CHEAP, didn't want to pay for a custom one to be built, and couldn't find anyone who could build one without having the complete rig. I know there are options with both Claude and Jay, but the distance was a bit problematic...and again...I'm CHEAP.

so, after receiving it, I discovered that it is an exact fit for my C10 Concours. both the width needed in the triple tree, and the 41mm tubes fit my stock C10 triples.

So...having discovered this I now have some tough decisions to make. My ultimate rig will be a goldwing and sidecar, but this might be a good alternative until I get there.

what I need.....someone with this C10 setup or experience with them that could tell me how to build the framing necessary to attach a sidecar to the C10. the motor is a stressed member of the frame, so not as easy as fabbing up ones for my Nomad.

any thoughts or ideas....or pictures?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 2/16/2017 11:34 AM (#92386 - in reply to #92167)
Subject: Re: C10 with Sidecar???

Expert

The heavy corrosion on the rim shows a need for sealer or a tire with inner tube or there will be air leakage.

Lonnnie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software