Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never drive faster than your guardian angle can fly!
- (Added by: mrmustash)

2014 Indian at local dealer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

Big Tom
Posted 4/19/2017 2:02 PM (#93173)
Subject: 2014 Indian at local dealer

Regular

I just noticed this in an ad at the local dealer. It's a new 2014. Any one on here have one or know anything about the rig. Looks nice but at $40K it's a bit pricy..

Top of the page Bottom of the page
jaydmc
Posted 4/19/2017 3:28 PM (#93174 - in reply to #93173)
Subject: Re: 2014 Indian at local dealer

Expert

It looks like a Hanigann sidecar, we also make a similar sidecar and there is a turn key ready to go 2016 Indian with one of our sidecars at Indian of Aubrun for $33999 http://indianmotorcycleofauburn.com/Motorcycles-Indian-Chieftain-20...
Here is what our that is similar to this looks like.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

(DSCN5510.JPG)

(DSCN3889r.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN5510.JPG (838KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments DSCN3889r.jpg (2380KB - 0 downloads)
Jeff_Online
Posted 4/19/2017 6:20 PM (#93175 - in reply to #93174)

Motor City Indian has a nice one, too. I think they said they decided to go with Jay from now on as well, but this was a Hannigan. IIRC he said they had to put another $4G into it to get it where Jay already has his.
timo482
Posted 4/24/2017 7:40 PM (#93255 - in reply to #93175)

Elite Veteran

it looks like the hannegan has a cowl lift up at the door to get better access. mid 30's to mid 40's is close to right.

my harley cost over 30 in late 06 .. bike plus my 04 sidecar plus mounts plus trees plus wiring.

and i did all the mount and align and electric work myself..

the idea that a late model harley or indian bike and sidecar can be cooked up for a few thousand bux and be good for 80 mph with no wobble and good steering is wrong - just metal flake paint match is four figures.

i think liberty sidecars with no paint are close to 6k or so.

then there are metal tubs with doors that are even more

later

to
Hannigan Motorsports
Posted 4/26/2017 3:04 PM (#93290 - in reply to #93173)
Subject: RE: 2014 Indian at local dealer

Big Tom - 4/19/2017 1:02 PM

I just noticed this in an ad at the local dealer. It's a new 2014. Any one on here have one or know anything about the rig. Looks nice but at $40K it's a bit pricy..

Good afternoon Big Tom,

That is one of our Heritage Sidecars on the Indian in your post. It is equipped with Electronic Camber Control, Progressive Coilover suspension on an independent swingarm assembly and Brembo brrake rotor/caliper with Spiegler stainless steel lines and a quick disconnect on the brake line for ease of removal when detaching the sidecar. All of our sidecars can be removed in approximately 15-20 minutes with just 2 common tools should you need your two wheel bike back for service or any other need. If this is the unit I'm thinking it is there is also a cupholder, 12v plug and dual USB charging station inside the car, PIAA 55watt driving light fully adjustable automotive seat and several other features.

These cars are quite spacious in that a taller individual can still ride in comfort. I'm 6'2" and can sit in the seat with it laid back a fair bit and my feet still do not touch the front.
Jeff_Online
Posted 4/27/2017 6:35 PM (#93301 - in reply to #93173)

Hannigan s right, I'm pretty sure it's the same model at Motor City in MI. My GF sat in it, at 6' 4" she still had room to spare. With the windshield / cowl lifted, she was quite happy to be able to step in upright. She has hip problems and trouble entering low automobiles, and she stepped in sat down like a lazy boy in the living room. That also had a chrome grab rail, I forget if it was in or out of the windshield. They had redone all of the leather to match the quilting on the stock seat. Not sure I'd pay that much, but if I did I'd have the guy who did it ITFP do it so I wouldn't pay twice. Anyhow, in the 35-36 range IIRC. Nice rig, beautiful setup.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software