Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: To find true happyness, stop looking for it.
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Royal Enfield w/Cozy sidecar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

gkhargrove
Posted 6/3/2017 12:30 PM (#93715)
Subject: Royal Enfield w/Cozy sidecar

New User

I am seriously thinking about buying a 2016 Royal Enfield and Cozy sidecar. Most of riding is in the city, but I would like the ability to make at least one long trip during the year. What is the top speed of this combo on the interstate? I've read several reviews, but I'd like a fellow RE rider to reply to my question. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GuzziSteve
Posted 6/3/2017 4:14 PM (#93716 - in reply to #93715)
Subject: Re: Royal Enfield w/Cozy sidecar

Do you mean like this one?

http://www.mariettasportscar.com/vehicle-details/2017-royal-enfield...

I would not think it could have a high enough top speed to be safe, you must maintain a consistent high speed.
Al Olme
Posted 6/3/2017 6:08 PM (#93717 - in reply to #93716)

Expert

If you were just asking about the sidecar, many of us have opinions, some good and some not so good. Since you appear to be asking as much about the bike, I'd look here...

https://royalenfield.com/community/forum/

Good luck.
tinboatcapt
Posted 6/3/2017 9:54 PM (#93721 - in reply to #93715)

Veteran

I have been associated with the US importer of RE Bikes in the past. I set up a hand full of bike Cozy rigs while there.It was just at the transition to the new unit engines. The earlier bikes would maintain about 50 mph with a sidecar. The newer ones a bit better.

Last summer I rode with a mixed group of bikes and sidecars. One was a new RE GT with a Watsonian Meteor sidecar. We rode from Reno over Donner pass into Northern CA and held a highway speed of - 65 MPH that was not interfering with traffic. That said, I would not think this would be a rig for cross country riding. We were doing about 200 miles a day touring Northern CA and around the Reno area. We made lots of stops and sight seeing. This rig may have been a bit lighter than the Cozy rig, But I have no data to verify that.

Best of luck with your decision.
Jim

(P1070318.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1070318.JPG (3532KB - 0 downloads)
gkhargrove
Posted 6/4/2017 1:15 PM (#93728 - in reply to #93715)
Subject: RE: Royal Enfield w/Cozy sidecar

New User

Thanks
MrMike
Posted 6/19/2017 12:31 AM (#93903 - in reply to #93715)
Subject: RE: Royal Enfield w/Cozy sidecar

Veteran

GK

I for one can speak from experience. Got started in sidecars about four years ago with a Royal Enfield G5 with Kozi Rocket. Loved it and still have it. Have cruised it at 65 but she was straining. This led to a second rig because the Enfield just did not cut it on the highways. Went to a Yamaha 950 with a beefed up Velorex and it can cruise 70 plus with no strain. Have cruised it at 85 but a little scary and not much room. This led to a third rig, Honda VT1100 with Dauntless tandem car. Plenty of room but a big old boat that starts drinking gas fast cruising at 65. Now Mama is shopping for a Goldwing or something big with a "comfortable" car. Point being: Get as much as you can manage/afford and you might save yourself stress, strain and money in the future. There are some real bargains in the classified section of this forum and elsewhere on the net. A used rig might be a good option for a first rig. You can resell and move up. I got half of that figured out but can't seem to let go of the ones I have.

Mike in MS

PS Where are you? Maybe you can find someone who would at least take you for a ride. I'm willing if you are near me. Now have logged over 20,000 on the three rigs.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software