Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are two kinds of pedestrians -- the quick and the dead
- (Added by: DAVE)

Woo-hoo!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

granpita
Posted 8/11/2017 8:01 PM (#94601)
Subject: Woo-hoo!

I just got back from towing my '17 Harley Road King down to KY to have Hannigan install their Heritage sidecar. It looks terrific and they did an excellent job on the build and the install. I'm very pleased.

That said, I'm glad I towed the rig down and back because learning the drive this is worse than when I learned to fly. When I learned to fly, I just had to learn to fly, all of which was totally unfamiliar to me. With the sidecar, I'm having to unlearn 50 years of habits plus maintain 6 feet of clearance to my right. OTOH, my left leg is much happier. I expect it'll take me some time to get all of this sorted out but it's fun and I'm really enjoying it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
OldSchool_IsCool
Posted 8/11/2017 11:09 PM (#94604 - in reply to #94601)
Subject: Re: Woo-hoo!

Extreme Veteran

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Congrats on your new rig!!
ocpd44
Posted 8/12/2017 9:55 PM (#94616 - in reply to #94601)

I'm heading down next month to have a GTL hung on the Wing. Driving up and back but I'm retired and not in any hurry to head back.
bentleyssq
Posted 8/13/2017 7:20 AM (#94618 - in reply to #94601)

Congratulations, you're going to love it.
granpita
Posted 8/13/2017 8:13 AM (#94620 - in reply to #94616)

By the time I got to Murray KY, I was tired of eating at national chain restaurants and since I was going to be there 3-5 days, I went looking for some adventures in good eating. According to Google, there were no Greek, German, Middle Eastern or vegetarian restaurants. Italian inquires produced only pizzas, Mexican was limited to tacos and Asian was two buffets (and you KNOW what they're like). Uhhhhhhhhh! The grocery store salad bar was pretty good but not for a week. Then I stumbled on Martha's Restaurant on US641 on the north side of town within a couple of miles to the Hampton Inn where I was staying. What a treat! One night it was a mess of Blue Gills and cornbread, another night meatloaf (with 3 veggie sides - $7.95), etc. Their limited menu changes every day and the wait staff was absolutely terrific. Highly recommend them.
ocpd44
Posted 8/14/2017 12:31 AM (#94634 - in reply to #94601)

Thanks. Much appreciated. How do you like the sidecar and, more importantly, how was the customer service from Hannigan.
granpita
Posted 8/15/2017 1:13 PM (#94664 - in reply to #94601)

I'm really quite happy with the sidecar and every hour and mile makes driving it that much more intuitive. As to Hannigan, I dropped it off as scheduled on a Monday morning and loaded the rig back on the trailer Thursday afternoon. Went touring/sightseeing in the intervening time. I went to the National Quilting Museum in nearby Paducah and was blown away by the skill represented there then poked around a lot of the lakes and marinas. The Hannigan crew was personable and competent, and I had no issues. I own a marina and boatyard and was very conscious of their work. It was a smooth transition with no drama. Thus far (two weeks), nothing's gone wrong. I keep checking the installation (just in case) and everything continues to be as it should be.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software