Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The wise man must remember that, while he is a descendant of the past, he is the parent of the futre." Herbert Spencer, English philosopher 1820-1903
- (Added by: Loon)

Tonneau Cover Replacement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

ppscott
Posted 8/12/2017 1:46 PM (#94613)
Subject: Tonneau Cover Replacement

New User

My tonneau cover replacement kit came with a tonneau cover and hardware fasteners, but no instructions. Here's my best guess as to how to install goes like this: push the four prongs of the outer piece through the cover, align a base piece with the prongs from the inside, then bend the prongs over to hold everything in place. If everything's lined up then I would cut an opening in the fabric. Does this sound right?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DRONE
Posted 8/14/2017 12:26 AM (#94633 - in reply to #94613)
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover Replacement

Veteran

Yes that sounds right. Take a look at this You Tube video--

https://youtu.be/AfykXQyiAVw

I think my approach would be to first stretch the cover side-to-side and front-to-back trying to figger out approximately where the corner grommets should go. Once I'm happy with the placement I'd go ahead and install a grommet into a corner. Offhand, I think I'd choose the outside rear corner first.  Then I'd put the tonneau in place on that eyelet and on that twist-lock to anchor that corner.  Then I'd stretch out the fabric and mark and install and anchor the 2nd corner.  Then I'd do and anchor the 3rd and the 4th.  Seems real important to get the corners right.  After that, go ahead and get the remaining eyelets installed, starting with the ones halfway between each corner.  Hope this makes sense.

ppscott
Posted 8/14/2017 10:57 AM (#94636 - in reply to #94633)
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover Replacement

New User

Thanks for the info and the link.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software