Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> General Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Triumph, is for Good Men to do Nothing. - Edmund Burke
- (Added by: OldSchool_IsCool)

Ural hack age
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> General DiscussionMessage format

rebarsing
Posted 3/8/2018 11:42 AM (#96565)
Subject: Ural hack age

New User

Hey experts, I am looking at a used rig, Honda Shadow 1100 with Ural sidecar. The bike is a 2002 but The owner isn’t sure how old the car is. How can I tell? Thanks in advance for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jeff_Online
Posted 3/12/2018 11:29 AM (#96587 - in reply to #96565)
Subject: Re: Ural hack age

Veteran

I have a 2007 Shadow Spirit I'm putting a Velorex on (again- long story). If you need any hints from an almost newbie, let me know. Sometimes, it's good to ask the stupid questions of the ones who just figured out the answer last week.

I'd bet you can find something on the Ural manufacturer website. Usually there is a plate on the frame, I'd guess near the front right, with numbers. Mine has the year printed plainly, but I'm not sure how other brands do it. If it's a serial number only, you can probably do some sort of web search to correlate that with a year, even if it only gets it close.
jaydmc
Posted 3/12/2018 11:37 AM (#96589 - in reply to #96565)

Expert

You can tell the general age of the Ural sidecar not that it really matters by how the trunk latch works, the kind of body mounts it has, how many tie down points it has for its tonneau cover as well as a few other ways. You might try posting a photo.
BTW, we do make Shadow mounts.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
www.dmcsidecars.com
rebarsing
Posted 3/13/2018 12:31 PM (#96600 - in reply to #96565)

New User

Thanks Jay, I would suppose that your “not that it matters” implies that they age well. Not being much more than a ‘change the oil’ mechanical person, I worry about bearings being worn or such stuff. This appears to be a well put together rig in good condition with a steering damper and other upgrades. I am going to test ride it tomorrow, I will post a pic
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software