Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
- (Added by: Administrator)

Don't laugh. I'm lookin for specs on sidecars.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

Posted 5/9/2005 7:23 PM (#7589)
Subject: Don't laugh. I'm lookin for specs on sidecars.

Please don't laugh, Very new to the whole sidecar thing and I would like my neighbor (a skilled metal fabricator, who builds racing go carts, 100mph+) to make me a little sidecar for hauling my dog with me around the city. I would also use it when we go to the lake around the site and small touring johnts.
Here's the don't laugh part. I have a Yamaha BWS or Zuma scooter. Yes I said scooter. 2 stroke bundle of fun. I run to work and back 12miles each way in the city and gas fill once a week, $3.31USD, pretty good I'd say. My wife and I (we both have one) just cruise around with a top speed of 42mph. I will be tuning it soon to do a topspeed of 60mph. It will haul two people now with a max weight of 350lbs, pickup and ride is great. Since it will only be one person, sidecar, and my dog it should move just fine. They are our getting to work / entertainment. I want my Dog to come with us as he love car rides anyway. He weighs about 60lbs.
I thought I would ask about mounting, geometry of the sidecar and wheel, shock setup and anything that you experts may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Hack'n
Posted 5/10/2005 10:57 AM (#7603 - in reply to #7589)
Subject: RE: Don't laugh. I'm lookin for specs on sidecars.

Expert

Check out Hal Kendall's books: Especially "Riding With a Sidecar" info is available on this site.
papasmurf
Posted 5/13/2005 7:13 AM (#7658 - in reply to #7589)

Regular

HI CHARGER:
Texas Sidecar Co. makes scooter hacks and an old-timer in our NE3Wheelers Club in MA, has one on his scooter and loves it! Possibly other sidecar manufacturers also make scooter models. GOOD LUCK.....Old Tom in NH
Uncle Ernie
Posted 5/17/2005 8:40 PM (#7704 - in reply to #7589)

You see Vespas with sidecars on ebay all the time. Seems like someone in India is putting these together. When one comes up, send the seller a question asking about them.
Hack'n
Posted 5/18/2005 11:26 AM (#7710 - in reply to #7589)

Expert

The Cozy sidecar is from India. They have several models available for small motorcycles and scooters. Check out Cozy Scooter sidecars.
I just installed one on a Honda Helix that went out yesterday. Pix here at albums/Hack'ns Hacks/S'more. The owner ordered it himself from India and it took a few months to arrive, but was well packaged (heavy wooden crate with plastic reinforced tarp liner) and came color matched at no extra cost. There are no instructions on mounting however, so you are on your own there. (Got Fabricator?) The factory mount is a single laminated plate that could bolt directly to a platform floor or some tubular frames. In our case a sub-frame had to be fabricated. The unit is well sized and wouldn't overwhelm an even a smaller scooter.

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software