Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  Use care in reading the advice of others. -> Please read this forum for new Information -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Chances are your bike can do it. The question is can you?
- (Added by: SidecarMike)

Sticky Warning, fake e-mails from bottom-feeders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Use care in reading the advice of others. -> Please read this forum for new InformationMessage format

Joyce
Posted 6/30/2005 8:19 PM (#8288 - in reply to #8101)
Subject: RE: Warning, fake e-mails from bottom-feeders

Expert

One of our list members received this email concerning an ad placed here. Please be careful and don't be scamed

"Thanks for the mail, the price is okay by me and i am ready to purchase from you immediately, i am ok with $5500 for the(bmw r100 gs/pd w/ sputnick cargo},and i want you to deletethe ad from the website, ihave a reputableshipper thatwill takecare of shipping from yourend i want to let you know i have aclient in the state that isoweing me a sum of $10,000 i will instruct him to issue you a united state postal money order or cashier check on my behalf and as soon as united state postal money order or cashier check arrives, you holdout your amount and
send the difference to my shipper THROUGH WESTERNUNION for the pick up in your place, i
hope i can trust you for mybalance??? and also you will be contacting myshipper with all neccesary information needed for pick up inyour place i.e the actual weight and exact dimension of the(bmw r100 gs/pd w/ sputnick cargo ) . if
this terms are okay b y you,moreover there parts will be ship to hollond where my son live,becuse am buying it for my son inholland, do get back to me with thefollowing
details with payment be made out to you like this
Home Address...
Full Name on united state postal money order or cashier
check...
State...
Zipcode...
Country...
Telephone Nu mb er... Mobilephone number..."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software