Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: i wouldnt try to commit suicide agaun if my life depended on it.....a friend of mine said this
- (Added by: welshwarrior)

Daytona + 2 on a Yamaha 2001 Roadstar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

doubleburbon
Posted 8/29/2005 10:30 AM (#9533)
Subject: Daytona + 2 on a Yamaha 2001 Roadstar

I got a really good price on a Champion Daytona+2. It came off a 1999 Roadstar.The mounts on the car did not seem to be touched when it was removed from the bike.Am I correct in assuming that the adjustments are pretty close. The fellow I bought it from said he rode a little and it tracked straight and did not seem to be a hassle for the big Yamaha. Does anyone have any expierence with this outfit? I need all the help I can get. I have been riding for 40 years but sidecars are awhole new world for me. Thanks for any help youall can offer. Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page
claude #3563
Posted 8/29/2005 10:50 AM (#9535 - in reply to #9533)
Subject: RE: Daytona + 2 on a Yamaha 2001 Roadstar

Expert

>>Am I correct in assuming that the adjustments are pretty close. <<

Bill,
Sounds like a great combination.If it handled well for the previous owner it would be a good idea to get him to tell you the measurements on how he had it setup. Then after you hook it up check them out. It may or may not be the same. Also, please note that a good setup for him may still not be the best setup for you. Many things come into play in working toward a personal 'sweet spot' as far as handling goes. Also..How it feels to you as a beginner may not be the ultimate setup after you gain some more experience. Don't be afraid to make adjustmets but always take a measurement of where you began so you can get back to square one if you get out of the ball park too far. A good setup for you will track straight and not wear tires excessively.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software