Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> Technical Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If motorcyclists claim to be individuals, why then, do so many of them ride in packs?
- (Added by: DAVE)

fact or fiction part 2
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Technical DiscussionMessage format

stickwelder
Posted 11/17/2005 6:08 PM (#11653)
Subject: fact or fiction part 2

How critical is the measurement and what is the proper #
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bob in Wis
Posted 11/17/2005 7:00 PM (#11655 - in reply to #11653)
Subject: RE: fact or fiction part 2

actually that is a ballpark figure to set and ride, see if the rig rides straight without pulling. take it home and increass the lean if it still pulls right, or decrease if it pulls left. if it drives straight at highway speeds with little pull to the right, you are set!more the reason to use an electric or manual lean adjuster.
claude #3563
Posted 11/17/2005 8:08 PM (#11656 - in reply to #11653)
Subject: RE: fact or fiction part 2

Expert

If it pulls right lean it left if it pulls left lean it right. If you do not know if adjusting lean changes toe in on your specific bike check it. Otherwise you may be surprised that tire wear has gone crazy after a lean adjustment. I like to run as little toe in as possibel. Usually it is 1/2" more or less. The more toe in you have the more tire wear you will get. We talk a lot abotu setup 'numbers' on these boards and even at rallies around campfire but it all comes down to a starting point for YOU. Get it in the ball park and then make adjustments for your rig while keeping some kind of track of where you started so you can get back there. If it drives well , handles decent and does not eat tires you are in pretty good shape. In over 20 years of owningthese things I cannot usually tell anyone where my settings are numerically after playing with the intitial setup unless I go back and measure them. Also..keep in mind that just because Bob or someone runs this or that setting it does not mean it will be just right for you and your outfit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software