Return to Home page

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sidecar.com Forum ->  General discussion -> USCA News -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The wages of sin may be death, but after taxes all you are left with is a slightly tired feeling...
- (Added by: bmwzenrider)

National Rally Publicity
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> USCA NewsMessage format

gpers2
Posted 2/14/2006 3:22 PM (#13538)
Subject: National Rally Publicity

Extreme Veteran

Hello:
Is the calendar section on this site the only section that has info on the National Rally? This is what I found:

2006 USCA National Rally at Beaver, AR (Eureka Springs) Plenty of camping and RV space. Hotels nearby. When : This event occurs every day (All day event) Occurs from 7/13/2006 to 7/16/2006

Can we consider having some link on the forum and home page, that will take us to some sort of flyer/ application with a lot more information then what is currently provided. I believe we need to use this site for better promotion of the National Rally. ...

I have had some members tell me that they don't think anyone really uses the calendar..(I don't check it for updates) I remember using it last year hoping to find out more info re: the Stevenson rally. ... The best information I got was from a posting at another website. I would hate for some really nice people to miss attending the National rally, because we didn't really promote it on our own website..

Just askin' gp
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce
Posted 2/14/2006 3:57 PM (#13539 - in reply to #13538)
Subject: RE: National Rally Publicity

Expert

Gail, There is a link to the web page with everything you might want to know on the Banner Ads in the upper right hand corner. Now if it isn't up there right now just hit page refresh until you see it.

Joyce
SidecarMike
Posted 2/14/2006 6:18 PM (#13540 - in reply to #13539)

Expert

Maybe temporarity replace the logo on the bottom of these pages with a link. If someone goes to the Home page they see nothing about the Rally unless they happen to hit it on the correct cycle. FWIW it does not cycle in any order. As an example, I had to refresh 11 times to get it to come up. During that time, Texas sidecar came up six times, Dauntless twice, SIC twice, and Finally the Rally. That's fine if you are a regular and know to do that, but if you're new it's not intuitive.
gpers2
Posted 2/14/2006 6:25 PM (#13541 - in reply to #13539)
Subject: Re: National Rally Publicity

Extreme Veteran

Oh my gosh! After 5 reloads, I got the Link, and what a beautiful presentation of information!! Now, I really wanna go to the rally.

I am not even going to speculate as to how I missed it. Thanks Joyce for clueing me in. It is a super link. gp
stevewoo
Posted 2/14/2006 6:48 PM (#13542 - in reply to #13540)

Elite Veteran

Mike makes a good point. I'll ask Bob to do that. Thanks!
pierobassi
Posted 2/15/2006 10:21 AM (#13547 - in reply to #13542)

Would it be effective to have a link to the USCA national Rally in all the sidecar web sites such as USCA Central, North East, South West, etc? It looks like SWAYBAR2002 has a good advertisement of his RDVIII rally on Sidecartalk home page. Could we do the same or...similar?

Piero Bassi
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joyce
Posted 2/15/2006 8:16 PM (#13554 - in reply to #13538)

Expert

OK folks we got us a link at the bottom of the forum pages.Thanks Mike for the suggestion and Steve and Bob for making it happen. Here's to group efforts!
SidecarMike
Posted 2/15/2006 8:36 PM (#13555 - in reply to #13554)

Expert

Looks Good!
gpers2
Posted 2/15/2006 8:46 PM (#13556 - in reply to #13554)

Extreme Veteran

Yahoo! The link works great! Good job!... What a great bunch on this USCA team.. Just ask (nicely) and **poof** stuff happens! Way to go, high five.. gp

Posted 2/17/2006 3:07 AM (#13576 - in reply to #13538)

I gotta say, last years rally bummed me out, I hope theres' more this year.

I was very excited to have it on the West coast last year, but ended up spending only a half hour wandering around the campground and not making any friends or learning anything new. I was extremely disappointed. I had wanted to get in on some of technical discussions I heard were going to happen, watch the driving competition, and see whatever else was available, but despite repeated emails by myself (and several others), nothing was ever put up on a web page in advance of the rally. Heck, even our emails were answered with "we're really busy planning, we'll let you know!"; ultimately, we were never informed and the girlfriend that I had talked into going with me summed it up pretty well: "Seems like a nice bunch of folks that just want to hang out and camp and be left alone. Lets go."
Not exactly the social or gearhead environment I wanted to show her. Maybe if we would've camped & spent the whole weekend there, I would've enjoyed some of the things I wanted to, but frankly I didn't want to commit my whole weekend without some kind of organizational clue and after a short visit was glad I didn't.

also, I don't know if any press releases went out to any of the local papers... being a stones throw from Portland, it would've done the Sidecar community and the vendors some good to get some local coverage.
Then again, maybe you do want to be left alone.
Reardan Tom
Posted 2/17/2006 8:29 AM (#13580 - in reply to #13576)

Elite Veteran

Sorry to hear that tbone. My experience was exactly the opposite. It was my first three wheel rally. Been to many, many two wheel rallies over the years but never a sidecar rally. First rally I ever went to knowing that I wouldn't know anyone there. But when we left I had a bunch of new friends. And the dual sport ride Vernon put together was a tremendous amount of fun that I'll remember forever. It was the first rally I'd ever taken Archie to and his first camp out. That in itself was a fun experience. For both of us. Technical discussion? Although maybe not exactly organized, they were taking place all over the camp ground. And some excellent speakers at the dinner Saturday evening. And that's just off the top of my head early this morning... I really can't think of anything that disappointed me about the Stevenson rally. Maybe I'm just more easily entertained than you... At any rate, I sure hope you enjoy the national this year and it meets your expectations. Wish I could go and take Archie again. But it isn't in the cards.
grasslander
Posted 2/17/2006 4:43 PM (#13587 - in reply to #13576)

Veteran

tbone-

We are presently working on the specifics of events at the rally. Suggestion are accepted.
Under consideration:
Tech Q&A
Possible parade Eureak Springs Downtown on Friday...
Group discounted attendance at the Great Passion Play Friday evening
Sidecar games
Rig Judging
Saturday Evening on-site meal

gpers2
Posted 2/18/2006 12:36 AM (#13595 - in reply to #13576)

Extreme Veteran

tbone;
Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion re: the Stevenson Rally. You have made some valid points. It appears that this years rally has addressed some of them. This board is always open to suggestions, and I believe they would appreciate further input from you. If you have a moment, could you be a little more specific as to what you would like to see at this years rally.. i.e. specific listing of events, types of events, guided ride tours??? .. The rallies are supposed to be for the members, so with your participation, maybe we can make this rally one you'll talk about for years!
Thanks in advance, gp
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright 2004-2008, The United Sidecar Association — Built by BarringtonPress — Send your suggestions and comments to the webmaster
USCA Web usage policy

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software